Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
theboss

Beta-Lift.....

Well just came back from my dermatlogist and I prescibed and set up a beta lift for this week coming up... I was told that I would be red for about 2 days and peel for about 2-4 as well... anyone had one of these and what results did you see... thanks in advance....

trevor :think:

That's one of the things I might have done; I'm curious how your results will be.

Isn't that a peel that was made by the makers of Retin-A... it's a salicylic acid peel.

How much did they say it cost?

What it is? Beta Lift™ is a state of the art chemical peel that has redefined the traditional superficial peel. This advanced dermatology treatment uses beta hydroxyacid, takes five minutes, and is used primarily to reduces acne lesions and enlarged pores.Benefits: Beta Lift™ will exfoliate dead and dull cells from the surface of your skin. The procedure stimulates a burst of renewal within your skin to bring healthy, young, living cells to the surface. Beta Lift™ is also able to penetrate skin follicles – making Beta Lift™ a well-suited chemical peel for conditions such as acne, acne scars, hyper pigmentation, and enlarged pores.

Down Time: Your skin may peel for approximately 3 to 5 days.

..there are so many peels out there its hard to keep up. ;) So far I have only used the Apeel Correct with minimum results, yet maximum 10+ day peeling and irritation

Good luck to you and please let us know how it goes..btw..how much is this costing you ?

Yea something around that It cost about 125$ and the lady showed me some pictures of her clients... OMG they looked so good....!!

My dermatlogist is here.... http://www.patientpreferreddermatology.com/meet.htm Dr. Lara A King is mine but the 2nd to last staff lady there does the face peels... Its located in Longbeach/lakewood area

Sorry it also works for any types of scars mainly it gives you a whole new layer of skin somewhat I cant wait to do it... the plus side is im gettin it done this tuesday and the whole week is my spring break so im gonna be chillinnn!!

Oh yes, I LOVE BetaLift peels!!!! I've been getting them for years and years (just had one last month). Yes, it's made/invented by the same doctors who invented RetinA and in my very humble opinion, it's the BEST peel for acne prone skin. I always look so dewy fresh and glowing afterwards. Now here is the downside: it will not do ANYTHING for scars. Your overall skin tone, texture, etc. will look better, but the scars are still there in all their glory. If you are doing this for scar treatment STOP! Don't spend your "Scar Money" on BetaLift peels; if you're doing this for other reasons, then fine.

I dont have "scars" I only have marks from left behind acne and they've faded signnificcanlty because im on retin-a-micro as of now and there fading real nice bt with this should help it a wholle alot :-)

Please let us know how it works out for you. My old derm. said that I should have a series of these peels as well. I never did b/c I could no longer afford to go to her, let alone shell out the extra money for the peel.

Not that $125 isnt a lot of money but be thankful you didnt see my derm, she told me it cost $200!!! And that was like three years ago so who knows how much she charges now. :shock:

Good Luck!

OH! Well then, darling, you are PERFECT for my beloved Beta peels! You will LOVE them, I promise you, & since you're having them done for "marks" left by acne (not scars) then you should see a tremendous improvement and rest assured it won't break you out. Make sure to keep your face well moisturized with an oil free product the first couple of days & try not to use your RetinA 5 days before the peel (if possible) & don't resume its use until you're COMPLETELY finished peeling! Good luck and keep us posted!!!!!

p.s. almost forgot: SUNSCREEEEEEEN! GOBS of it!

^^^^ ahah thank you so much your so kind :]]]]] welll ill make sure to keep you guys posted also... how red were you when you had it done.. like so red people will really notice or what... cuz I wanna be able to go out and jus say, "O i got a sunburn or some stuff you know!! :X thanks

I get really red from the Beta, but it's b/c I've had major resurfacing in the past. I've seen other people get it & they just look sunkissed and dewy-fresh. I usually have mine on Thursday morning & the rest of the day & Friday I look as though I have a fabulous tan. I peel like hell on Sat & Sun, but I don't think most people peel like I do - it's typically much more subtle for everyone else. I love to use emu oil as a moisturizer during the peeling stage (just be sure to remove your silk pillowcases, dahling!!!!)

JEWELZ - This peel has never helped with my scarring, which is shallow icepicks & pores & I've had dozens of them over the years; that doesn't mean it won't work for you. For $110 you should try it - at the very least you'll get a terrific peel that tightens your skin and evens out your tone & if you're having or have had a recent breakout, it wipes that out along with the red marks or whatever else was left in its aftermath.

ok so 1 more day till I have mine done... but one question...

whats the main ingredient in the peel?? and I only get blackheads and small whiteheads on my cheeks and im scared that after this peel It might be differnt... help!

^ Nope i get it tommorow and im pretty scared because I dont want to break out in places I never have before you know.... :[

^ Nope i get it tommorow and im pretty scared because I dont want to break out in places I never have before you know.... :[

Yea i hope so I really just dont wanna break out anywhere else but my regular spots because then it would be hell... butt its mainly SA in the peel from what I hear so you dont think I will break out in spots where blackheads are or what...

Ok so I just had the Beta Lift 20% SA Peel done at

9:00 AM April 18th

So far so good..... I had about 2-3 active pimples and they are already diminished... Its pretty amazing.... My skin is baby smooth soft..... After you have it done a white powder/film like is left in some areas of your skin but fades away after about 15 minutes..... Ill keep everyone posted on updates and all........ Thanks for the help!!