Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
206bear

antiobics and Azelex

im currently taking doxy and using Azelex (similair to RetinA), is it a good combination? everyone told me my acne would get alot worse once I get off the antibotics. My main problem is clogged pores casued by some cosmetics I used. Im really worry now. Any input would be appreciate, thanks.

Guest President Slut

hey buddy,

antibitiocs work for alota people, though the main the problem is the acne returns once the body developes somkeind of resistance. This can take anywhere from a couple of months to a cuople of years, everyone is different.

the antibiotic + retiniod combination is great. The antibiotics kill the bacteria while the retinoid regulates your skin turnover to prevent acne from getting cloged and forming. Give this regime a full 3 months before you decide weather or not is for you. a topical retinoid worked great for me, though it took about 11-12 weeks to fully kick in and get me clear.

Once your clear, drop the antibiotic, and continue using azelex, this is because:

-Antibiotics are useless in the long run

-Azelex will maintain your clear skin and prevent further breakouts from occuring assuming you apply it everyday

-Azelex will help with scaring and other skin problems

thanks for the input. I was taking 100g doxy once a day on the first month then got jumped to 100g doxy twice a day since he said it takes about 2 months for our body to purg everything out to the surface. the doc said I should take 100g once a day starting the third month. Do u guys think its a good idea?

thank

hey buddy,

antibitiocs work for alota people, though the main the problem is the acne returns once the body developes somkeind of resistance. This can take anywhere from a couple of months to a cuople of years, everyone is different.

the antibiotic + retiniod combination is great. The antibiotics kill the bacteria while the retinoid regulates your skin turnover to prevent acne from getting cloged and forming. Give this regime a full 3 months before you decide weather or not is for you. a topical retinoid worked great for me, though it took about 11-12 weeks to fully kick in and get me clear.

Once your clear, drop the antibiotic, and continue using azelex, this is because:

-Antibiotics are useless in the long run

-Azelex will maintain your clear skin and prevent further breakouts from occuring assuming you apply it everyday

-Azelex will help with scaring and other skin problems