Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kei_fujo

cetaphil users read this

i was using cetaphil extra gentle cleanser and thought i was having good enough results. but after almost 3 months i was still having problems. i read a post about how cetaphil can be too gentle for people with oily skin and how if it is too gentle to remove the dirt and oil, then obviously you won't get clear cause you still have the sebum and dead skin and stuff. when i would wash my face, i would get it wet first and i would feel like i had this oily film on my face, but i thought it was from the all the moisturizer and bp because i made sure i rinsed really, really well and sometimes even used a washcloth gently thinking i was definately removing it all.. i now know it was from the cetaphil. i switched to the purpose bar and i never have that residue feeling anymore. i'm not telling anyone they should stop using cetaphil or that they should switch to purpose, because it can and does work for some people, but i just wanted you to know that if you have oily skin and are having trouble getting clear, it could be that the cetaphil is too gentle for you.

thanks. someone else pointed me to a post that labgirl was talking about oily skin and cetaphil and ever since i switched it has been smoother sailing. i'm still using the jojoba, but it's keeping the flakes away now and i find i'm not so oily through the day. i'm giving it a few weeks before i change my signature and make it my known regimen.

hmm. thanks! i have oily skin (it has gotten better though since I have been using BP more, but I still do use moisturizer on Dan's Regimen)... but Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser works fine for me. I don't notice the filmy feeling you are describing and I feel that my skin is clean afterwards. Hmmm... maybe I am just one of those people who have oily skin and takes Cetaphil well? :think:

hmm. thanks! i have oily skin (it has gotten better though since I have been using BP more, but I still do use moisturizer on Dan's Regimen)... but Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser works fine for me. I don't notice the filmy feeling you are describing and I feel that my skin is clean afterwards. Hmmm... maybe I am just one of those people who have oily skin and takes Cetaphil well? :think:

Have you seen any minor changes in past two days? I'm a new member and i've been reading the message boards carefully but too many to keep up with. I usually have flare ups on my lower cheeks, more like cystic acne which hurt really bad. Any suggestions? Did you have any problems buying your regimen supplies Over-the-counter?

JOVI

Oh yes I have seen minor changes for the better in the past couple of days! I had some funky red breakouts all clustered together on my cheeks (which is weird because I never ever got acne on my cheeks, just my forehead which is my new clear spot now, lol)... and those have really flattened out and have went from a red color to a light pink in the past couple of days. I always get so excited to do the regimen each morning and night and I love waking up in the morning seeing the little changes that have happened because of the regimen over night. I am please with it so far... and I am being very patient with it because I would love to have clear skin again. But anyway, yes stick with the regimin and you will most likely see some minor changes, possibly over night! :dance: Just follow the regimen carefully, use gentle products, use a small amount of BP and use generous amounts and follow that up with moisturizer to keep your skin soft. I know this method will work miracles! Just keep in mind that you will experience some breakouts during this... I know I did but its my time of the month so I couldn't really help it. Definatly try this regimin and the key word here to getting clear skin is to be gentle! Its not dirt and grime that cause acne it is irritation!