Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
umvagia0

Can I get rid of or diminish these red marks? Picture inside..

Posted

I had some nasty acne on my back about 2 years ago....since then i've found a way to keep it under control... however, there was quite a bit of scarring left on my back....although it would be nice to get rid of it all entirely i know how unlikely that is. Is there any way I can at least get rid of the red marks left from the scarring? I mean, in the summer when i'm really tanned u can't tell too much, but i'm not tanned year round. Will any of these Microdermabrasion kits work for this? Any other ideas as to what I can possibly do to reduce this?

Attached you will find my pic. The lighting makes it look a lot worse than it is, but it's something that's always on my mind and it's killing me!

Thank you so much for any help u can provide.

post-39448-1144646899_thumb.jpg

post-39448-1144646899_thumb.jpg

Posted

I had some nasty acne on my back about 2 years ago....since then i've found a way to keep it under control... however, there was quite a bit of scarring left on my back....although it would be nice to get rid of it all entirely i know how unlikely that is. Is there any way I can at least get rid of the red marks left from the scarring? I mean, in the summer when i'm really tanned u can't tell too much, but i'm not tanned year round. Will any of these Microdermabrasion kits work for this? Any other ideas as to what I can possibly do to reduce this?

Attached you will find my pic. The lighting makes it look a lot worse than it is, but it's something that's always on my mind and it's killing me!

Thank you so much for any help u can provide.

Ok...now i dont want anyone criticizing me for writing this, i never said ti was the most reccomended way... but here goes... this is how i've gotten rid of all my red marks.................go to the doctor and get a prescription for tazorac gel .1 %. Use it, ALOT of it. Its technically not for getting rid of the redmarks, but keeping away acne... but for years ive found it to be the most effective and fastest way to peal layers of skin off to get rid of the red marks. your skin will get extremely dry..and irritated, but i guarentee it will fade the red marks and after it peels adn they fade, remoisterize. a sort of EXTREME exfoliation.

Posted

That whole microdermabrasion thing might should work, but as you know you would need assistance to do it. Also, microdermabrasion should not be done alone, if you want quick results. If I were you, I would probably buy some glycolic acid, and try that, if not, use the aspirin mask, but you'll need alot of aspirins. Also, put 100% aloe vera on it at night, and in the morning, it soothes the skin, and is good for red marks.