Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
honeymuffin

My Accutane Experience

Week 29 (Saturday 17th January - Friday 23rd January)

Well that's it, completed my accutane tablets today, and I must say the seven months went pretty fast. My skin's gone through a particularly dry period over the last week which I think is due to the cold weather and the fact that I had a cold, but its back to how it was more and less now. The spot from last week is still cursing to come up but is managing to be kept at bay and still NO NEW SPOTS! I'm worried that now i've finished the accutane that the acne will return but reallly hope not. Now, i've begun to focs on the scars and red marks which I've been left with. Although I looked into derm teatments such as different types of lasers and peels they all sound too scary and risky, not to mention expensive and not ikely to guarantee success. But, I've also come across the post on the lemon and vinegar method and may give that a try, although i'm not looking forward to smelling vinegar so will probably only keep it on for 20mins a day. Plus, as my skin is likely to be sensitive I will start really low dose as I don't want to make anything worse Although I've completed my course of accutane I'll keep posting on here every week to keep updated with how the accutane works after treatment is complete. biggrin.gif

Week 30 (Saturday 24th January - Friday 30th January)

Face still fine - no spots - altho i still reckon some are on their way. Been looking into scar treatments but have decided anything laser/surgery based is not for me - way too scary and expensive. I've just bought some aloe vera gel and am going to try that for the scars and also drink lemon juice, both of which are known to help according to posts on this site!

Week 31 (Saturday 31st January - Friday 6th February)

No changes - face staying clear! scars still look the same - no fading yet. Skin is definately less drier than it was though and not aching as much now, which is good.

Week 33 (Saturday 14th February - Friday 20th February)

Had a few spots but nothing major and seem to go quite quick but leave scars. Hopefully won't keep gettin more. Scars haven't any improvement still.

Hi, thought I'd update you all after roughly 2 1/2 years - its now the start of 2006. I still get spots but often in different areas to before - like around my mouth and on my cheeks (whereas before they tended to be more in the T-zone area) and they are often, and take ages to shift (not the type you can squeeze - they are the deep painful ones). So it makes me wander whether roaccutane really works long-term as it seems more like a short-term fix to me. If you want to see any pics of my face now or as k any questions then just get in touch.

Hi, thought I'd update you all after roughly 2 1/2 years - its now the start of 2006. I still get spots but often in different areas to before - like around my mouth and on my cheeks (whereas before they tended to be more in the T-zone area) and they are often, and take ages to shift (not the type you can squeeze - they are the deep painful ones). So it makes me wander whether roaccutane really works long-term as it seems more like a short-term fix to me. If you want to see any pics of my face now or as k any questions then just get in touch.