Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ladybug3

Just getting started

I'm 21 and I just started developing acne about 5 months ago. I NEVER thought that this would happen since I always had clear skin with absolutely no effort. Now I'm freaking out and desperate to find something to help. I've been using mostly products with SA almost since it started and it's kept it under control, but it's not showing any signs that it's actually going to go away. I'm going to start this regimen tomorrow and am planning on using all Neutrogena products. If anyone has any suggestions or helpful tips, they would be sooooooo appreciated. :D

I'm 21 and I just started developing acne about 5 months ago. I NEVER thought that this would happen since I always had clear skin with absolutely no effort. Now I'm freaking out and desperate to find something to help. I've been using mostly products with SA almost since it started and it's kept it under control, but it's not showing any signs that it's actually going to go away. I'm going to start this regimen tomorrow and am planning on using all Neutrogena products. If anyone has any suggestions or helpful tips, they would be sooooooo appreciated. :D

Hi,

Just keep trying diferent regimens until you find one that works for you. Once things start working out for you, be strict on yourself and not miss a day or night without doing exactly what the directions are telling you. That was one of my biggest problems. I'd always say, "Wow, my face is looking great...I could afford to miss a day, right?" -- Yeah, not a good idea! :)

getting started myself but it seems like though what I am using is actually working it's not enough. Not to mention I have some acne scarring. Not to mention the regimen is expensive. I ordered proactiv. Great results. it's not one hundered percent though I am still getting breakouts. including a particularly evil pimple on my chin. Ouch. :wall: Help!!!!!!!!!!!

lick it...............

that isnt really help...

just relax and stick to a simple regimen.

most people do see success!

I really recommend CSR. Im only in my 5th week, but there are plenty of people here who can attest to its success. I have had a few initial breakouts but they have been manageable and you cant really judge it until about 3 months. Good luck and stick it out.

My response is pretty much the same as everyone else's: be patient and stick with it. You just need to realize that any skincare regimen takes several months to show noticeable results. It can be discouraging, putting time and effort and money into something for what seems like ages and not seeing any results, but you just have to have faith that if you're patient, the end result will be worth it. :)