Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Da Real BucK

CSR vs Proactive

Which wins? Depends on the person? Type of acne? Then again, if anyone used pro active and it was successful would they be at this website? Let me know if anyone has had a bad experience with this product.

I thought proactive would help and but it only worked for a short amount of time. It's also more expensive than the CSR and proactive probably won't work too well on one who has severe acne. The CSR may not work for someone with severe acne either but it it less expensive and will work longer.

i used proactiv for about 1.5 yrs and i had an initial breakout while on it but stuck with it and eventually my skin looked GREAT!!! but...at about 1.5 yrs (maybe a lil sooner) my skin started to react really badly...i had horrible cystlike breakouts and proactiv was not fixing it. my theory is that the perfumes and stuff in proactiv finally builtup and my skin couldnt handle it anymore. the same thing happened to my friend and she warned me...she said she had such horrible breakouts that her students (shes a teacher) asked her what happened to her face. anyway...i think the problem with proactiv is all the stuff in addition to bp that is in it. CSR is of course not JUST BP, but i think Dan tried really hard to make it as simple and tolerable as possible. I have only been on csr for about 4 weeks (i started on neutrogena on the spot), but i have heard plenty of testimonials on this site about CSR working wonders and not just for a short period of time. good luck!

i didn't have bad acne but once i started proactive that shit gave me buge pimples, i think it was the scrub and the fact that you need lotion on your face when using it cuz of the bp so i had a bad mixture of crap on my face..toner, bp, random lotion...jacked my face up.dropped out of school b/c of it too..sad story lol

Hi there,

Yea, I used procraptive for about a year. It helped my ance a little, but not much at all. I really only stuck with it because it seemed like my only option, since all the stuff the derm. gave me never did anything. After a year with proactiv, I just could not stand my acne anymore so I went searching the internet for alternative options...I'm glad I found this website, because the CSR has done wonders for my face. Not to metion saved me lots of green.

So to wrap this up....proactiv = procraptiv...in my humble opinion.

Good Luck

Which wins? Depends on the person? Type of acne? Then again, if anyone used pro active and it was successful would they be at this website? Let me know if anyone has had a bad experience with this product.

I've used proactiv for three months but still no results. Its a waste of mucho dinero, MONEY HONEY!!

I tried Proactiv on two different occasions, several years apart. Both times it made my skin worse and did not help at all.

CSR is way more effective, imo, and definitely more affordable.

ya i am the same as fmxkid....proacvtiv gave me the worst pimples I have ever had......my acne is mild i guess but it made it way worse and I stuck with it for a while....my opinion DONT USE IT