Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
OmarLV

Is it ok to take protein while on Accutane?

Hey guys,

Hope everything is going well with your accutane courses. Mine is going great! I am actually on week 3 and have 3 or 4 active pimples left :) When I started, I had over 30 active pimples, so I am really happy about the progress.

Now to my question, I am working out and want to take protein supplements with vitamin A in it : / The nutrtition facts say:

Vitamin A 90% (50% as Beta Carotene)

I will be taking this stuff like 5 days a week or so. What do you guys think? Is it ok?

ok, i will keep that in mind, but if possible, i want to use the protein i have first before i buy some more. I hope 90% Vitamin A is ok. I mean its about how much one should have daily (90%), so i am thinking its ok. I am not consuming abnormally high levels (i dont think). Someone correct me if im wrong.

But hey, a weird thing is ever since I started taking the protein with Vitamin A, I havent broken out with a single zit. It is great! I usually get 5-10 whiteheads a day. Perhaps its coincidental, but I highly doubt it. I always break out. I believe the extra Vitamin A is complementing the Accutane, as Accutane is really just a Vitamin A derivative.

Let's say you're on 40mg a day of 'tane.

If you take that, and a protein shake containing less than your RDA of Vitamin A, you're still going to be consuming less Vitamin A than someone on 60mg of accutane...

i asked my pharmicist the same question..can i take protein while on accutane?

he wasa kinf of clueless but i brought in a label of my protein..I take Optimum nutrition too as some one earlier said and he ok it....you can just take ya protein to the pharmacy and ask them..

If that is that big of an issue take isopure, it tastes great, no vit-a, and dissolves clearly in water, I could never drink whey protein, but this isopure is awsome stuff it tastes like tang, or koolaid, no joke

Brian