Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

^ That never happens. Ask all us flute players.

^^ Labgirl, a.k.a. my hero, NO! Band nerds were actually cool at my hs! The homecoming queen came from band like 8 years in a row!! :):lol: Oh band geeks

I'm tone deaf, so instead of being a band nerd with acne, I was the math club president with acne. There were so few girls involved in math competitions that I still got plenty of attention from dorky math guys despite my bad skin, lol.

Hmmm, interesting topic!

I wasn't a band geek in school. I was more of a misfit. Got in trouble often... was basically a little shit head lol.

I am, however, musically inclined. I play piano, (mostly classical). I've been playing for 10+yrs. Never played in any public performance though (I hate being center of attention!)

WackJack - me too!! I played piano for 11 years... I guess when I was listing my details of my band nerdiness I sort of left out a lot :) But congrats, the 10+ year mark for piano is a ton!!! Who is your fav composer? Mine is Mozart :wub:

I play piano, too. I Love it. I was also on homecoming court for all 4 years and won my senior year. Not all band people are nerdy!! Stop the misconceptions! hahaa

I hated band. I was in percussion in my middle school band (6th and 7th grade). This was waaaaay before I had acne, though.

I was into like pokemon and that kinda stuff back in elementary school. I was less of a nerd but more of a shy kid. You know being a asian kid in an all white school in Florida really shows you how alone you are. But it changed in middle school when i met some new people and had a better understanding of english. NO MORE ACCENT! ^_^ lol

But yeah i still hang out with my friend Jimmy who has horrible acne and is a computer/gaming geek. Its cool though cuz i dont judge and i have an open mind so its just another good friend in my eyes. Actually i known him since 4th grade. But yeah he's HILARIOUS! haha

Guest flutistgurl26

I'm a serious flute player.. I enter lots of competitions and i'm hoping to go to a great music school. :)

Lol I used to light up the secondary jazz bands of Guernsey with my cornet! Then I quit.

To be fair, I am a complete geek though. I'm the art and literature geek. I have the geekiest nickname at school ''The Walking Dictionary''

Music at my school is cool. Most people play. I guess we have a good school music service here. I dunno if anywhere else HAS a schools music service!

when i was in middle school i played the flute and the piccolo. my short lived highschool experience was filled with theater. i still have a flute but don't ask me how to play it, i can't remember. i was pretty good though.

I played drums (percussion) throughout all of Jr. High, AND that's when I got my acne. Maybe there really is a correlation between band and acne... :lol: I was pretty much a goof off though. I kept up with it only because I liked a boy who also played the drums. Our band sucked rocks! I remember our band teacher getting so mad at us one time --he said was going to pin our butts to the wall (i think someone was throwing pins or something...can't really remember). The only other thing that I remember is that because the percussionists are in the back, we got to look out onto the trumpets draining the spit in their instruments onto the floor. Makes me sick thinking about it! Gahhhhhh! :sick:

piano is one of my favs, ive been classical violinist for 17yrs so far, great to see that there are other musicians on this board

Yay!!! Look at all the nerds on here!

Maybe there IS a correlation between nerdiness and geekiness vs. acne.. hmmm :)

But I still like being a nerd. :lol:

I was never in the band. BUT -

I play Dungeons and Dragons.

I own every season of Bablyon 5, including made for t.v movies - PLUS every available season of Stargate SG:1.

Theoretical physics make me hot.

And I'm almost 25. Pass me my Nerd badge. :)

I played the drums from 3rd to 5th grade, and then trombone from 6th to 8th. I didn't have acne until 10th grade, though, and by then I had quit to focus on sports and art as my extracurricular activities.

I played the drums from 3rd to 5th grade, and then trombone from 6th to 8th. I didn't have acne until 10th grade, though, and by then I had quit to focus on sports and art as my extracurricular activities.

funny how trombone and drums like to come together

Guest hopelessGuy

U guys would probably hated me if u knew me from grade school through High school. I was never in a band, I was more of the popular kid in the "in crwod". I was kinda mean and a bully at times, wouldn't surprise me if I get invited to some talk show like Maury Povich with kids who wants to show me "look at me now" type thingy. I started having noticeable acne at 16 but had it under controlled because I was kinda spoiled and my mom would spend all sorts of money on me. It wasn't untill getting into college that my acne got worse, thats when I got more reclusive, anti-social, & thats when I crossed to the other side of NERDISM. I sunk my head into school work, I was looked upon as a nerd, I hung around with the nerds. Through this, I am more sympathetic towards whom I probably wouldn't have been before acne. I try to be more compassionate towards people and teach my younger sibblings the same thing about not to judge or poke fun of people.

O how I longed for the good old days!

Instruments:

Cello: 6 years, All-County 3

Bari-Sax: 7 years, All-County 2

Trombone: 5 years

Parades:

Tampa Gasparilla Day, Tampa Gasparilla Night, Savannah St. Patricks Day Parade, New Orleans Endymion, New Orleans Midcity

Bands:

High School Marching

High School Symphonic

High School Orchestra

College Marching

College Jazz

Claim to Fame:

During a controversial show when I was at Virginia Tech, some trombones got tangled behind as I marched past and they knocked my cover (aka my hat) off. I was in Military band so I had to I couldn't scramble to get it. I just marched two more songs (absolutely livid) and then marched back on the field to reclaim my cover from a police officer. The whole time the crowd "ooh-ed" depending on how close someone came to stepping on it.

I never got any jive from anyone regarding my band membership - except for some seclusion (but band was the least of my worries at that point)

I was in marching band from 8th grade to 12th. We were actually not like the cheesy lame parade type doing showtunes. We did competitions and we were number one on the atlantic coast championships several times, always in the top 3 though xD GEEKING OUT OVER HERE.

haha I'm a lil' late but none-the-less

Hi I'm Matt and I'm a Band addict! (lol). I started playing the Alto Sax from grade 5 and still play it now in high school (grade 9). Yeah all those skills I learned and will still learn couldn't have been taught by anything else. Woo Band :):) :dance: I'm a Band Ninja and I like it :ninja: