Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Tenshi

Is anyone else spreading out their accutane?

Guest Tenshi

Im on a 8 month course supposedly 40mg a day..i have 2 boxes now as ive been taking 40mg every 2 days for a while now as my skin is pretty much clear now. should i take 20mg a day now and have it last 4 more months? or 40mg every 2 days? im not sure..will it make a difference? i think my skin will be clearer longer if i spread them out now...i feel im lucky to even be on a 8 month course as ive cleared in 6 months..finally..

Im on a 8 month course supposedly 40mg a day..i have 2 boxes now as ive been taking 40mg every 2 days for a while now as my skin is pretty much clear now. should i take 20mg a day now and have it last 4 more months? or 40mg every 2 days? im not sure..will it make a difference? i think my skin will be clearer longer if i spread them out now...i feel im lucky to even be on a 8 month course as ive cleared in 6 months..finally..

I don't see the harm in that .........I just took it as normal and hoped for the best

I did hear people say recurrance of acne depended alot on how much you took rather than your time taking it........

So like if you took more there was a less chance of it coming back

hope that makes sense

but yeah an 8 month course is unusual since most peoples are 6 month.............are you still getting the side effects?

Guest Tenshi

I don't see the harm in that .........I just took it as normal and hoped for the best

I did hear people say recurrance of acne depended alot on how much you took rather than your time taking it........

So like if you took more there was a less chance of it coming back

hope that makes sense

but yeah an 8 month course is unusual since most peoples are 6 month.............are you still getting the side effects?

i had a feeling u would write back to me..lol..good ol Fuman to the rescue.. well thats the thing, quantity or length? i was thinking 40mg every 2 days might make sense..i figure since its 6 months for most ppl like u said..really im lucky to have 2 extra boxes to play around with..yeah my side effects are mainly dry lips still and im sensitive to things, takes more time to heal from a scratch and so on...other then that i think im OK..

Anyway..thanks for your advice on it..

nah take it normally, the more concentrated your dose, the more chance of permanent remission.

just listen to your derm. why is this so hard? they went to school for years and know whta they're doing.. yet people still think they know better. i dont get it

Guest Tenshi

just listen to your derm. why is this so hard? they went to school for years and know whta they're doing.. yet people still think they know better. i dont get it

lol..i guess u are right..actually that hit a nerve with me..u are right, i will take 40mg a day...a stronger dose per day will probably keep it at bay longer..

i agree, why are you self medicating?? they are doctors for a reason!!

Longer-term, low doses have a greater rate of relapse.

I heard that a 100 times as well as the opposite! :doh: