Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

You know, I always heard oily skin was a good thing because it keeps you from getting wrinkles when you get older...kinda ironic. We have to suffer for like 40 years before this shit pays off! haha

Hahaah that is hilarious.

Anyway Accutane made me break out under my face (below my chin) and I never had acne before I took it.

To keep my oily skin to a minimum I use oil free moisterizer in the morning, and a few times a day when I use the restroom at work or school I rinse my face with water and pat dry my face. For people with oily skin, I think its impossible to go a whole day without wiping the oil off yourself. I'm 28 now and I've had oily skin since I was a pre-teen.

You know, I always heard oily skin was a good thing because it keeps you from getting wrinkles when you get older...kinda ironic. We have to suffer for like 40 years before this shit pays off! haha

Anyway Accutane made me break out under my face (below my chin) and I never had acne before I took it.

To keep my oily skin to a minimum I use oil free moisterizer in the morning, and a few times a day when I use the restroom at work or school I rinse my face with water and pat dry my face. For people with oily skin, I think its impossible to go a whole day without wiping the oil off yourself. I'm 28 now and I've had oily skin since I was a pre-teen.

i've got the same thing you've got, but i think its bad idea to wash ur face so much with water.. i did that also, you need some oil in your face, so its better to wipe it gently it a gentle clean towel or somt...

i've got the same thing you've got, but i think its bad idea to wash ur face so much with water.. i did that also, you need some oil in your face, so its better to wipe it gently it a gentle clean towel or somt...

i thought dragging a towel across your face was a bad thing?

what i do in the morning is splash my face with water but i also use my hands and wipe the oil off my face.

is that bad?

I feel for you guys.

I have exactly the same skin.

I wash once or twice a day (sometimes I forgot so only once.. which is pretty often)

My face is so dry and flaky after I wash my face. You can see the whiteness of the skin..! So I have to use moisturizer.

Whether I use moisturizer or not though, after 1-2 hours, my skin WILL become so oily that when I use the blog sheet, it becomes transparent immediately. And this is only the nose area......the forehead and the chin are also bad.

I'm at loss on what to do.. the oil is causing acne, making my redmarks stay longer, make my face look more horrible than it should be, etc.... :wall:

I dont want to try accutane..... however I have yet to find an effective solution to this.

It's our nature that we have oily skin. I don't think we can change that.

However, as far as shine control goes, I recommend any oil-free/non-comedogenic "oil-control" gels.

I personally use Clinique (skin supplies for men) oil control hydrator. It's very expensive ($20 for 1.7FL OZ) but it will keep you shin-free for at least 10-12 hours.

good luck.

wanna get rid of oily skin start taking Vitamin A ive heard so much about it and i am going to start taking it soon too .. but dont take more than recommended dose bc it can be toxic. Some ppl take 30,000IU and ur only suppose to take no more than like 8,000IU if ur taking such high doses for a short period of time ive read its alright but over along period of time it cna have serious effects like birth defects etc. So juss be careful but its definitely worth it .. it is good for skin, hair and immune system.

Pick up some oil-absorbing sheets. Like these:

IPB Image

and use them whenever your face feels oily.

Oily skin is caused by DHT. There is a new topical DHT inhibitor called clearogen. I have no idea if it works or not I have only had it for 1 day. I have heard of people getting rid of their oily skin taking internal DHT inhibitors. However I dont know how dangerous this would be especially to a young developing male. Females have all kinds of hormonal treatment options like ravenblack mentioned.

wanna get rid of oily skin start taking Vitamin A ive heard so much about it and i am going to start taking it soon too .. but dont take more than recommended dose bc it can be toxic. Some ppl take 30,000IU and ur only suppose to take no more than like 8,000IU if ur taking such high doses for a short period of time ive read its alright but over along period of time it cna have serious effects like birth defects etc. So juss be careful but its definitely worth it .. it is good for skin, hair and immune system.

i took 100,000IU per day of vitamin A, yea yea i know

i only did that for a month or 2 to check it out

well guess what

FUCKING SHIT i was still oily and it didnt hepl me, i was over-dry on other places

but cheek, nose, etc, i was oily,

i w-a-n-t n-o o-i-l a-n-y-m-o-r-e

why all my family, 4 people 'aint got oil and only me, whhhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy whhhhhhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

wwwwwwhhhhhhhy only i got sebaceous cysts cause of over-oilness and no one in my family have

D A M N I HATE YOU GOD!

:evil:

Try washing your face with lemon infused water to dry it up and close the pores. Make sure you moisturize with a good moisturizer. I use @moshpere tea tree oil facial moisturizer. Watch the amount of oil you eat. Butter,margerine, shortening, oils, greese, fried foods etc.

If you have to splash your face with water three or four times a day, so be it. Make sure to moisturize afterwards. the opposite of oily skin is eczema.

go check out www.acnecureit.com

I tried 300k a day and it made me itchy and peeling but didn't stop the oil completely. Topical Vitamin A has cured me completely but it's gotta be strong. Read the http://www.thevitamincure.com/

Been on it for a year now and I as good as I did 20 years ago before acne when I was 12. But a year ago I was seriously considering killing myself and I'm not joking.

I tried 300k a day and it made me itchy and peeling but didn't stop the oil completely. Topical Vitamin A has cured me completely but it's gotta be strong. Read the http://www.thevitamincure.com/

Been on it for a year now and I as good as I did 20 years ago before acne when I was 12. But a year ago I was seriously considering killing myself and I'm not joking.

hmm.. u still use this vitamincure.com topical vitamin a? and u dont have oilyness????????????????????????????????????????????????

B5 really works to supress oil. The only thing is that it takes about 3 months for it to fully work. But once it starts, it's great. The only time my oil got bad when I was on B5 is when I would over-wash my face. Now I only wash it once a day when in the shower. It's been about 4 months now since I started B5 and my skin is not oily anymore. Even my doctor was impressed because I had very oily skin in the past.

B5 really works to supress oil. The only thing is that it takes about 3 months for it to fully work. But once it starts, it's great. The only time my oil got bad when I was on B5 is when I would over-wash my face. Now I only wash it once a day when in the shower. It's been about 4 months now since I started B5 and my skin is not oily anymore. Even my doctor was impressed because I had very oily skin in the past.

hmm and how much vitamin B5 u take? and u must take it for good?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I took 10 grams per day for the first three months, then gradually reduced it. Now i take 8 grams per day. And yes you have to continue to take it or the oil will come back but you can gradually decrease the amount. I hope to be at the point someday where I will only need 2 grams per day ( I have heard some people say you can get this low after about a year).

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I took 10 grams per day for the first three months, then gradually reduced it. Now i take 8 grams per day. And yes you have to continue to take it or the oil will come back but you can gradually decrease the amount. I hope to be at the point someday where I will only need 2 grams per day ( I have heard some people say you can get this low after about a year).

the only reason i dont take it is because i afarid from the effects, sensitivity and so on,

people say they take B5, and Complex as well, douno, looks like u needa take 150 pills a day of all kind of stuff...

LMAO. I HAVE NEVER BEEN ABLE TO GET RID OF MY OILY SKIN EITHER!!!

IVE BEEN THINKING OF TRYING A COMPLETE REGIMEN JUST FOR OILY SKIN

LIKE.....OIL CONTROL FACE WASH- OIL CONTROL TONER-OIL CONTROL MOISTURIZER....

MAYBE THAT WILL DO THE TRICK...LAST TIME MY FRIEND TOUCHED MY FACE

THEN I SAW HER WIPE HER FINGERS ON HER PANTS :(

Hi guyz.

I've been using Accutane and that does the trick. I had major oily face before.

Though two months post-Accutane, it started to come back.

I now take zinc, b-complex, combined with better diet (less sugar, salt, no milk) and have only a t zone which gets oily at the end of the day.. No acne though.

I'm using now a product called Clearogen and will keep all updated. Anyobe else using this?

it seems that accutane only makes acne and the oil glands dormant bc everyone that goes off accutane gets their oil and acne back .. sometimes even more severe than when they started ... plus u cant juss go on accutane for oilyness .. accutane is for severe cases of acne. the Vitamincure.com its a topical Vit A suppose to stop sebaceous glands etc

Yeah it's a pity. I have oily skin as well, and I have no idea how to control it.

A few weeks ago I saw something in the news regarding a laser therapy that attempts to shrink the sebaceous glands, in an effort to reduce oil production. I haven't really followed it further, mainly because I'm unsure of the side effects in the long run. Has anyone else heard/read something about this therapy?

I feel you guys. My skin always has a "glow" to it. Not a nice one either, really greasy and unattractive. I've went to the dermatologist for it, but he couldn't really help me out with it. He told me to use "Clinac OC" which is a cream for people with oily skin. It does help reduce the oil, but its more of a quick fix solution. I want something that'll reduce the sebum production, not mask it. When Im out, I also use Clean and Clear Oil Blotting Sheets, which also helps, but doesn't solve the problem

Does anyone have any other tips? :(