Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acquitted

the regimen may help pimples but not ACNE

sure if u have big zits all over ur face...the regimen helps...but it does nothin for the blackheads u get from the bp burning ur skin..

:-k what areeee you on about.... acne is pimples/spots on your face, blackheads can be easily removed with those special blackhead pad things.

Guest fatman_uk

Soooo...

Blackheads = Acne

An BIG yellow an red zits = *just* pimples...

Hmm... if that's the case then i'd rather have acne than pimples. lol.

-Gaz

My blackheads seem to weirdly come out after a shower, this is only gradually as you continue the regime. :)/ :D :D/

Bp isn't supposed to get rid of blackheads. I have them all over my face and nothing has worked; not tazorac, retin-a(and retin-a micro), differin, and not glycolic acid. I'm experimenting with salicylic acid and it helps a little. The majority of my face has cleared since I've been on accutane, but the major reason I'm on it is for my blackheads. Benzoyl peroxide definetely works good for for people like [email protected]; but it won't do much for comedones.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/viewtopic...hlight=pictures

I mean the bp sucked up a lot of my oil which tightend my pores, but eventually all of the dryness made my blackheads look worse. I hope the accutane straightens out my keratinization process [-o< Oh, and I find it funny that proactiv says it dries up blackheads, well what is that supposed to mean? What do they want you to think it means? Does it mean it gets rid of them? And why do people say that they put olive oil on their blackheads if it's better to dry them out? :-s Also, remember that it's important to exfoliate in some way if you have lot's of blackheads and/or clogged follicles, otherwise the benzoyl peroxide may not fully penetrate. Oh, and I would rather have more pimples over blackheads, because removing pus from your face is a lot easier than removing hardened plugs.

By the way, topical disinfectants such as benzoyl peroxide or topical antibiotics available by prescription do not help in the treatment of blackheads and milia because there is no bacterial involvement related to these conditions.
from cosmetics cop...

http://www.cosmeticscop.com/learn/article....EFER=SKIN&ID=71

In fact that whole page is devoted to methods of dealing with blackheads...so if that is you problem check it out.