Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bonitaapplebone120

Urgent Emergency

Hey,

The past two months I was using proactive. my skin was clearing up perfectly. Only thing I had left were dark spots. But a few weeks ago all hell broke loose because then i decided to experiment and use shea butter on my face. Thats when the bumps began to bloom again and the fresh white heads along with them. So i piled on all sorts of products to get rid of them and now my face looks like a pizza. :wacko:

Does anybody have any suggestions on what I should use to get rid of my burned toasted skin? Can somebody please save my present life for cryin out loud! Respond asap.

You'll probably have to stop everything, aside from gentle cleansing with cetaphil or purpose gel cleanser, and just moisturize with a plain moisturizer till your face regains its balance. Then, I'd start with the ProActiv again.

You'll probably have to stop everything, aside from gentle cleansing with cetaphil or purpose gel cleanser, and just moisturize with a plain moisturizer till your face regains its balance. Then, I'd start with the ProActiv again.

yup! or see a dermatologist.

I use proactiv and have been for 9 years. This is my routine: Proactiv system morning and night followed by Pure Aloe Vera Gel, followed by Nuetrogena Oil Free Moisture for Sensitive Skin and my skin cleared in about 3 weeks and now it looks great.

5 weeks prior, I had tried to stop using the Proactiv, I was tired of having to spend the money and such and just wanted something simpler. I hadn't used the Aloe of the Nuetrogena at this time either. So I just stopped everything and began just splashing my face with water morning and night.

Well, 2 weeks later, the blooms were blossoming! AHH! So I went straight back to Proactiv. I very gently massaged the gentle cleanser for about 30 seconds and then rinsed. I then used the toner about waiting about 5 minutes. 5 minutes later I would use the repairing lotion- but this is the part that is different. On the botle it says to put on a thin layer. But since my skin was eropting everywhere, I put on ALOT of repairing lotion and I mean ALOT. I probably put an inch worth of stuff on my face, but in about a week it actually cleared up. After the repairing lotino dried I applied the Nuetrogena Moisture.

Once I was clear I introduced the Aloe Vera Gel. That was about a week ago and I am still going strong. I have a good feeling abou the Aloe. I am hoping I can replace the toner and repairing lotion with it, but who knows.

Hope this helps.

Hi there,

My advice is pretty much the same as everyone else's. First, stop irritating the damaged areas. Second, go to a dematologist.

That said, I have a favorite product that I use for dry, irritated facial and body skin.

A little background of my skin type for those who want to know. I am 39 year old natural redhead with combination skin ( normal to dry) I live in Canada and suffer from drier skin in the winter. As a natural redhead, my skin does not produce as much oil as someone with darker hair and skin, so I can get away with what some would consider a heavier moisturiser.

My little *cureall* that I personally had and have success with is plain old petroleum jelly

The cosmetic industry often calls it "petrolatum" when it gets added to things like moisturisers.

It is the one of the few products I have found that don't give me that burning feeling when I use it on my face. I therefore use it to take off my make-up and occasionally as a moisturiser ( but only at night)

There is a lot of bad press out there concering petroleum jelly and I'm not surprised at the whopping cost of about $6 for 14 ounces.

Hope this is helpful.

Shea butter is not acne friendly!!! It provides lots of moisture to your face (and I've never read where this product should be used for acne)....I sometimes use shea butter on my hair and my hair is coarse and it gets extremely dry....shea butter makes it soft and silky.

Before you use different products on your face, take note of the active ingrediants.

The thing that fixed my crunchy burned skin - calendula cream. It's thick, it's rich, it's probably comedogenic, but it's very soothing, and it really made my skin approach normal again. Get it from a health food store.

Of course, if your skin is really wrecked, go see a doctor/dermatologist.

i've been read the coments on this site and it seems many people recommend proactive. I've never herad of it - what is the active ingredient in it?

i've been read the coments on this site and it seems many people recommend proactive. I've never herad of it - what is the active ingredient in it?

It's basically a very pricey way to package & market benzoyl peroxide. If you want to use BP, you are better off investigating the Clear Skin Regimen on this site.

It's basically a very pricey way to package & market benzoyl peroxide. If you want to use BP, you are better off investigating the Clear Skin Regimen on this site.

I agree with everyone else. I t can be really tempting when things are going well to try something new on your acne that you are completely convinced will help things along, and then it ruins everything you've already achieved. I think the main thing here is willpower. Stick with what you know works and stick it out. It'll be worth it in the long run.