Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
digestives

taking Vit. B complex urine turned neon yellow!

today i've taken my first pill of vitamin b complex, it also has zinc and magnesium added to it. an hour later my pissed turned bright yellow... not the color when you hold in your piss long... but literally lemon / highlighter yellow. i was quite scared... does anyone know if this is natural? im definitely sure its cos of the supplement pill coz this is the first time i've had yellow urine... another point i took the vit B (with zinc and magnesium) along with vit A so maybe some sorta chemical reaction? i highly doubt that tho...

completely natural. the yellow color is a result of the nutrients and compounds in the vitamins that your body was unable to absorb. this is commonly the problem w/ vitamins, as they are usually so concentrated that your body cannot absorb it all, thereby releasing the excess in your urine.

i know.....it takes the piss

You're British, right? That joke is lost on the vast majority of Americans, because we don't use that expression "to take the piss". :)

BTW, it's the riboflavin (vitamin B2) specifically which causes urine to be bright yellow.

Bryan

Calcium pantothenate is the form of the vitamin which is almost always supplied in nutritional supplements, not pantothenic acid itself. Don't worry about it.

Bryan