Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Whats all this talk about AHA, is it needed, i'm gonna buy Eucerin dry skin relief face cream moisturiser tomorrow, does it have AHA in it, what does it do.?

I'm not an expert my any means, but I believe AHA stands for alpha hydroxy acids. This includes glycolic acid, lactic acid & salicylic acid (which is technically a bha). All of which you will see in plenty of over the counter skin care products, particularly salicylic acid for acne treatment. I believe they basically help the outer layer of skin slough off, revealing newer skin underneath. They can be irritating though and caution should be used.

The Eucerin Skin Renewal formula contains a small amount of lactic acid and so is helpful in the relief of flakes and dry skin. It may tingle or burn a little the first few times you use it, but that will stop. It's the best moisturizer I (and many others) have found. Good luck.

Tom i presume ur from the UK.?

Eucerin Dry Skin Relief is available in the UK, i currently use it and its fan bloody tastic! hehe

1st few times i applied it stings ur skin but after that its really nice!

if ur in america u want to use Eucerin Renewal 15SPF. its basically the same but with sun protector

I've looked at the ingredients for the Dry Skin Relief Cream with 5% Urea, and it doesn't have lactic acid in it, but i've found that this one does, Dry Skin Relief Face Cream with 5% Urea, is this one as good as your one, i know i got a sample of it, and it got rid of my dry skin very well, only thing i need to ask though, is my face cleanser contains SA, would it be ok using my SA cleanser, and the lactic acid together, i know AHA and SA can be a bit irratating thats why i ask.?

Depends man what percent is your Sa cleanser..Mine is .5% and it hasnt irratted my skin and 2 times a week i use a 2% with beads just to help rid of dead skin and keep it nice... AHA is more for people with red marks and uneven skin tone.... I think i might have discovered a way to rid of red marks and hypergimentation in less then week.... But it requires 4 applications a day and i will post if my marks fade completly... I hope they do.... PLus i will have a log that will show pictures of each day and after each application.... Good luck man...every ones skin is different and if you have very sensitive skin it will irratte the fuck out of it doing that... You using Dans regimen... If you are be carfull BP and SA can irratte and with lactic acid.... You will sting on your first few applications....

I've looked at the ingredients for the Dry Skin Relief Cream with 5% Urea, and it doesn't have lactic acid in it, but i've found that this one does, Dry Skin Relief Face Cream with 5% Urea, is this one as good as your one, i know i got a sample of it, and it got rid of my dry skin very well, only thing i need to ask though, is my face cleanser contains SA, would it be ok using my SA cleanser, and the lactic acid together, i know AHA and SA can be a bit irratating thats why i ask.?

I'm not doing the regimen, i'm not sure what percentage my cleanser is, it doesn't say, it just says it contains SA in the ingredients, so all i'll be using really is SA and Lactic Acid which will be in my moisturiser, i take it Lactic Acid is like AHA, and should help get rid of red marks.?

Adding an AHA moisturizer (for me, neutrogena healthy skin) made a HUGE difference for me. You have to start with a very very small amount and even after a while still just use a small amount for it to work properly.

Tom tom tom tom tom tommmmmmmmmmmmm

the one u said is the one i use, the one with lactic acid

ill read it an type it like it is on the box

Eucerin

Dry Skin

Dry Skin

Relief

Face Cream

with 5% UREA

thats the stuff,!

vvvvvvvv good. ask anyone from the UK i guarantee if they have used it then they love it

an if they havnt used it, they wil kick themselves an prob buy it soon hehe.

goood luck bro.

and dont worry about the stinging etc, it only stung my neck a little an didnt cause breakouts an i have sensitive skin,

its wel with £10 brother.

let me kno how u find it.

feel free to PM me if u need help.

Ok, that sounds good, but will using lactic acid and SA which is in my cleanser be ok together, also what does lactic acid do for the skin, its an AHA isn't it.?

Tom i presume ur from the UK.?

Eucerin Dry Skin Relief is available in the UK, i currently use it and its fan bloody tastic! hehe

1st few times i applied it stings ur skin but after that its really nice!

if ur in america u want to use Eucerin Renewal 15SPF. its basically the same but with sun protector

Is this the "Dry Skin Relief w/ Intensive Repair Lotion" or just the "Dry Skin Relief"? How is it working for you?

I'm using the Eucerin dry skin relief face cream too and its great- unbeatable at getting rid of the dry skin and it has never broken me out either! I would definitely recommend it to anyone, although it is quite expensive at £10 for a tube! :)