Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
shirl

blackhead holes...

how long does it take for them to shrink? i just got two really big/wide ones. =/ i've had these holes from squeezing blackheads out before, but they were never this big! it's been 2 days already and they still have not shrunk back. what should i do? thanks.

Cold water is only a temporary solution (5 min).

A dilated pore will probably fill up with sebum again, if not it will close unless it's scarred and then TCA cross might help it shrink.

you can try a baking soda mask. i tried it last night and all my pores shrank, no joke. i took 2 tbsp of baking soda, mixed in a few drops of jojoba oil, and just enough water to make it into a paste. just be careful how much water you add, it doesn't take as much as you would think. spread a thin layer on your face (might as well do it all over) and wait until it's dry (about 10 minutes) and rinse and moisturize. it may sting a little bit, but i didn't have any problems ignoring it. maybe you want to do a patch test somewhere to make sure it won't irritate you? good luck and keep us updated! ;)

Do proactive mask and usa walgreens AHA with the regimen like the one i have listed... Im trying to get rid of all my pores, acne scars, and few marks... So far i been doing it for abouit 5 days and have noticed huge huge improvements in my skin... Less and less pores or black heads.. Pores are shrinking and becoming nonexsitant and my red marks are fadding faster now.... I also use beta hydroxy acid to... Try my regimen it may take long but its worth the results. Posting new pics soon after a week is done...

Witch Hazel. I should have auto reply on it, lol. Seriously. Best stuf ever for huge pores. Cleans skin w/o the irritation.

What I found to really help was eggwhites. I just spread it on my face, and waited for it to dry. Then I washed my face as normal.

The large pores on my cheeks tightened significantly.