Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MiraclesFSC

DORYX USERS Please Help!

Hey Guys, I was just put on Doryx/Clyndamicin - 100mg pill at night. So far I really havent noticed any difference - less cysts. But I have broken out with a few pimples. ITS BEEN 3 and a half weeks. Just wondering if I should have noticed any changes yet.

Also, I know Accutane causes more break outs. Does Doryx have the same type of effect? I should have asked my derm...will on my next appt.

Wash face twice daily (Cetaphil cleanser), take Doryx at night along with Clyndamicin after washing face.

Hi,

It usually takes about two months to see the full effects of Doryx. It is a good sign that you aren't getting any cysts - you should see continued improvement during the next month or so. Good luck!

I'm taking 100mg of Doryx also. I'm still getting breakouts, but I haven't been on it long. This is my first time taking an antibiotic for a long period of time and I am concerned the affects it will have on my liver and my immune system. I'm desperate, though, and need a break from it all and to give my existing scars a chance to heal.