Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
binh_espn

masturbation and acne

who in here has the connection between acne and masturbation?? i think i do....i have no real proof yet. but i rarely masturbate, so its easy for me to notice that every time i do it, some pimples appear on my face. One more thing, its not because of the surge come up that i masturbate, its because i force myself to do. i think thats a huge difference too, something to do with the hormone

who in here has the connection between acne and masturbation?? i think i do....i have no real proof yet. but i rarely masturbate, so its easy for me to notice that every time i do it, some pimples appear on my face. One more thing, its not because of the surge come up that i masturbate, its because i force myself to do. i think thats a huge difference too, something to do with the hormone

What you could do is masturbate for a week in a month, and make sure to take a photo of your acne at the beginning and the end of the week. Try to keep everything else in your lifestyle as it usually is. Repeat this for as many months as it takes for you to be sure that you always get worse skin afterwards.

Or you could just forget about it. If you're not doing it that often, stopping completely won't exactly cure you.

I'm still not sure about the connection with masturbation and acne. You do lose some zinc when you masturbate though. As stated, I'm not sure about the connection with acne, but I DO think that frequent masturbation can hurt your overall complexion (not in regards to pimples necessarily).

I watched a special on "adolsence" (however u spell that) on Discovery, a long time ago, and they said, if you don't have sex/masturbate, then something buildsup in your system and you get acne, or if you do it alot, it comes out of your pores.. sounds eh.. disgusting. :blush: I bet it's true. :shrug:

Heh, I just had a kind of revelation. Notice how few guys on this forum have girlfriends (myself included) and often attribute that fact to their acne (OK, so I tend to be antisocial due to my acne). So, without a girlfriend, most guys obviously have to resort to masturbation at least once every other week to release tension, but then some guys feel that masturbation and acne may be correlated in some way. Kind of a vicious catch twenty-two. :(

As for me, I do it 2-3 times a week. I've been doing this for over 10 years, and I still have acne. I am going to go a month or more without doing it. I date every so often, but I think actual sex is different than masterbating. I will go 1 month or more and see if it reduces my oil or acne. I know that it raises hormone levels when you do, and that may lead to acne. I'll find out. It will be tough.

No, I believe there is no connection between acne and masturbation. The levels of hormones released before, during and after the event of an orgasm have been measured and shown not to have an impact on anything significant including athletic ability. It's an old wives tale.

Cheers, Happy Pulling.