Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm using dan's bp and I just bought Neutrogena with AHA for my red marks and flakes. Is using that moisturizer with AHA more effective in getting rid of red marks than by using Differin in place of dan's bp in the morning or at night.

This is what I plan to do morning and night.

Cetaphil

dan's bp

Neutrogena with AHA

Is it more effective than doing

Cetaphil

dan's bp in the morning/Differin at night

Normal moisturizer with SPF

AHA and BP will make your face a lot redder from what ive heard, i'd stick with the bottom method.

P.S Jojoba oil is extremely good at getting rid of flakes, i use it nightly, as it is too shiny to wear during the day.

AHA will make your face slightly more red but only for the first week and only for 15-30 minutes after applilcation. It can also sting a little bit, so you should only start using it after you've been on the regimen for a few weeks and your skin doesn't get red or itchy from it anymore. I use that neutrogena aha lotion and it works awesome. First I was using it just at night but I was still getting some flakes in the morning and during the day, so I figured out eventually that I was using too much of the AHA. I thought the more the better, but actually it just ends up flaking too much for some reason so I just use a little bit now twice a day and I haven't had any flakes for a week. I use about 1 pump for my whole face including forehead, morning and night, and I apply some normal moisturizer after too.

Oh alright. But if I put on CSR on in the morning and than Differin at night, would it not be enough bp to prevent acne on my face, or does Differin prevent acne as well?