Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am one month into accutane, and today my derm also prescribed me cortisone pills to take to decrease inflamation or whatever. in all my time on these boards, ive never heard of people taking cortisone by pill during accutane?

has anyone else done this or are doing it?

i'd like to know about this too, my dermatologist said she may prescribe some Cortisone if my IB doesn't slow down over the next month.

weird. cortisone? i've only ever had injections

be cautious. cortisone can cause some nasty side effects, be sure to discuss this with your derm. i think alot of doctors forget that although side effects can be 1 in 10000 you could be that 1 and should be informed.

oral cortisone is a strong steroid. and is much more rapidly absorbed than a topical. skin conditions run in my family and while i have been lucky enough not to develop them, i have seen their effects on others and the cures often leave some very disturbing side effects (ie. purple lesions, visible veins) and those are just topicals

info:http://www.beyondhealth.com/steroids-dangers.htm

weird. cortisone? i've only ever had injections

be cautious. cortisone can cause some nasty side effects, be sure to discuss this with your derm. i think alot of doctors forget that although side effects can be 1 in 10000 you could be that 1 and should be informed.

oral cortisone is a strong steroid. and is much more rapidly absorbed than a topical. skin conditions run in my family and while i have been lucky enough not to develop them, i have seen their effects on others and the cures often leave some very disturbing side effects (ie. purple lesions, visible veins) and those are just topicals

info:http://www.beyondhealth.com/steroids-dangers.htm

This is why I asked, I hadnt heard of this at all and was curious as to what the side effects are... as soon as he gave me the perscription I knew I wasnt sure whether or not I'd fill it.

I didnt even know it was a steroid. He told me I would probably have more energy from taking it... sounds like it. Any other info?

Found this old topic, as I have questions myself---

The doctor I complained about recently in another topic said he uses cortisone pills to reduce Initial Breakouts.

The people above list some of the dangers and concerns, but I'd like to know if anyone else has experience with this?