Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am going to be switching my birth control, before I incorrectly stated I am on ortho-evra, I am actually taking ortho-novum, which really no one ever knows about. ANyway Friday I am going to try and get on a new pill and I don't know whether I should ask for yasmin or diane. What do u guys think I know it's different for everyone, but does one seem to have a better success rate than the other? Thanks for your input, I wish my acne would just disappear over night, after all it did just show up over night. Thanks again!!!

I think either of those would be good...ortho tri cyclen is also another good option. It can vary from person to person whether one is more effective than another as far as acne though...good luck :)

Both are good for acne.

Dianne made me bloat though 1 week before. Yasmin 2 but not so much

I would start with something like Yasmin and see if that works before pulling out the big guns of Diane35 if it's available. The issue with Diane35/Dianette is that the risk of blood clots is four times higher than with most other types of birth control pills. It's a calculated risk to use it, and i wouldn't until i'd exhausted other options. If monophasics like Yasmin don't agree with you, consider multiphasics like Estrostep or Ortho Tri Cyclin.

I am going to be switching my birth control, before I incorrectly stated I am on ortho-evra, I am actually taking ortho-novum, which really no one ever knows about. ANyway Friday I am going to try and get on a new pill and I don't know whether I should ask for yasmin or diane. What do u guys think I know it's different for everyone, but does one seem to have a better success rate than the other? Thanks for your input, I wish my acne would just disappear over night, after all it did just show up over night. Thanks again!!!

Hi,

Actually for acne the best pill is: TRI-CYCLEN ... It contains .035 ESTROGEN.

I've been on it for almost 11 years and very RARELY get a pimple ... even around my period :-)

BEST OF LUCK TO YOU :D

Think you should go to your doctor, and find out whats right for your body. Everyone really is different, and have different situations.

Thanks for your replies, I have tried orth-tri lo w/out success, I am really scared of gaining weight from Yasmin, is it usually the sugar pills that make u gain the weight? I am just so unsure what to do

Yasmin is actually developed so you wouldn't gain weight... so I wouldn't worry about that too much. i've bene on Yasmin for a year now and haven't gaines a pound :-) But it hasn't really done anything for my acne either.... but I've got very mild acne so maybe that's why I don't really see a difference...

I've been on Diane too, but it made me sick... even got halluciations

My opinion is that Diane is more effective for acne. But you need to have a really healthy lifestyle and few risk factors for blood clots because the risk is greater with this pill. Yasmi is not quite as effective, but your risk of blood clots is lower, and you should not gain any weight. OTC has been tested for acne treatment, but the anti-androgen effects of this pill are not as strong, so it is not as effective as either yasmin or Diane.

As far as other side effects, it really depends how your body reacts. I personally use Diane and love it (I know my signature says I have been on it for 13 days, but I was on it for 5 years before).

I've been taking yasmin for nearly a year now and even though I only had mild acne it's made a difference. I no longer have a forehead full of bumps and only get occasional break outs. Hasn't made me pile on the pounds either.

They say the reason for people putting weight on with birth control pills is that the hormons increase your appetite.

I've never taken Diane or Yasmin, but I thought I'd share my experiences with Orthotrycyclin Lo and Estrostep FE. I first took Ortho-Lo and my skin became completely clear like never before, but I gained a tremendous amount of weight so I requested a change. I am now on Estrostep FE and I lost all the weight immediately, but I occasionally get cystic acne which I never had before. I guess it's all different for everyone, but I thought you might want to know my experience.

Thanks again everyone for your replies. The bad news is that I did not get either one of these BCP's , the lady that see to get my pills said that they no longer carry yasmin at that facility and Diane I can only get in canada, but I wouldn't be able to do that. So she took me off of my ortho-novum and put me on microgestin Fe, aka Loestrin. I don't know what to expect witht his birth conrtol pill I only hope it ehlps me out or has no effect because I do not want it to get worse.

The bad news is that I did not get either one of these BCP's , the lady that see to get my pills said that they no longer carry yasmin at that facility

:think:

Out of curiosity what county do you live in ?

Thanks for your replies, I have tried orth-tri lo w/out success, I am really scared of gaining weight from Yasmin, is it usually the sugar pills that make u gain the weight? I am just so unsure what to do

it is not the sugar pills that make you gain weight. The sugar pills have no active ingrediants! Rarely, BC pills cause an increase in appetite and the gain of body fat. However, when girls gain weight on BC pills it is usually because the estrogen causes sodium retention, and sodium retention causes water retention. So you are not actually gaining fat, just a little bit bloated. This usually is a temporary side effect that will dissapate with time. Yasmin has a horomone that has diuretic properties, so it is the least likely to cause weight gain (although everyone is different).

Im on yasmin (2 weeks) and so far i think everything has been good.. i have been moody but i blame that only on the fact that i have acne and it frustrates me... i have been eating sooo much (out of bordom & my love for food lol) and i havent really gained much weight so i dont think it makes you gain weight... give it a try :razz:

orth-tri lo is NOT for acne ... but Ortho Tri-Cyclen is :D

u can check out the info here :

http://www.acne.org/rate_item.php?item_id=62

i went to the doc today and my doc prescribed me diane 35

has anyone ever tried Alesse? It has super low estrogen I guess... I have been on it for two months... cant really tell if it has done anything... it's supposed to take 3 moonths for the pill to completely kick in though after starting a new one... meaning that also as a contraceptive it takes that long to fully kick in as well :wacko: gah i didnt realize this lol until one of my friends told me... So ladies if you are looking for a change, you should wait at least 3 months to switch to something else...

Two words: NuvaRing. Amazing.

Though I thought Yasmin was pretty darn good for about a year. Ortho-Trycyclen did nothing for me and neither did Orth-Cyclen. Desogen was terrible.

I'd say Diane, since it was explicity made for acne. I've never tried Yasmine though...

are you on the diane pill cause i thinking of using that everyone seems to say it works well???

do you have any side effects??

stacey s

(im new)

Thanks again everyone for your replies. The bad news is that I did not get either one of these BCP's , the lady that see to get my pills said that they no longer carry yasmin at that facility and Diane I can only get in canada, but I wouldn't be able to do that. So she took me off of my ortho-novum and put me on microgestin Fe, aka Loestrin. I don't know what to expect witht his birth conrtol pill I only hope it ehlps me out or has no effect because I do not want it to get worse.

I take Microgestin, I've been on it for a few years, I haven't had any bad side effects from it, no weight gain or mood swings, but it didn't 100% take care of my acne either, but whatever.

Hey!

I've been wondering the same thing - whether or not to go on Yasmine or dianette (i think this is similar to Diane?)

My acne some days is awful but some days isn't too bad so I've been putting it off and persevering with B5 (which i don't really think is helping).

The main reason I'm scared of starting BCs is that I don't want it to have to get worse beforehand as I actually don't think I could cope with that and also, I'm worried that it will stop me growing out of it naturally so when i stop taking it, it will come bak even worse :(

Don't know what to do!!

I've been using dianette since I was about 15 and my acne is rarely as severe as it was before I went on it. However, any time i've ever come off it, jaysus does it remind you who is boss!