Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kanmi

What can I do besides everything?

Honestly .. I have done nothing but everything I possibly can for my skin. And yet it never rewards me. It gives me two cysts though on my cheeks. I can't remember the last time I had a cyst. All i've been doing now is eating ice cream and hiding away in my room as usual.

:cry: I can't do this alone anymore. I'm too weak. I will openly admit this.

kamni. i know you've been told this 10000x but after looking at your pics you really have NOTHING to worry about. you need help. not trying to be rude... just helpful

A strict healthy diet works is better than the chemical products.

But for some reason, people love chemical products that take them no where.

Well technically, food is a "chemical product." And diet doesn't affect acne in the slightest, I have this brain disorder where I believe empirical study after empirical study as opposed to some guy who says the contrary.

*shrug*

What can I say besides 'chin up'?

I felt shitty today, too. I've been doing the regimen for over six weeks, and have only missed 2 applications (those were weeks ago), yet today I had a zit near the bottom corner of my lip, another one by my nose, and another that may come up and cause problems. None of them came to a head and now seem to be going down, but I still felt gross and commenced with my little date with my girlfriend. I soon forgot all about my little problem, though. Tis all mental.

So yeah. It happens to all of us... just keep on truckin'.

I wish I was starting accutane. I couldn't find a derm to prescribe it to me. So I bought it offline. But Rupert convinced me to give blue and red light therapy a chance as it will work just as well as accutane he believes.

How did I get cysts .. everything else is just red marks and lots of clogged pores and blackheads I always have.

I bought my accutane offline. I want to take it. I'm just staring at the blister packs.

I went on a field exercise not too long ago for about 3 days. Well, needless to say I had no chance to wash my face and only got a few hours of sleep a night. When I got back and washed my face, I realized it was clearer than it's been in over a year.

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

Kanmi, stop everything bar a gentle cleanser & simple moisturiser and your lights for 10mins. each day. Give them a couple of months atleast.

:D Smile.

are you on anything right now? antibiotics? I'm sorry to hear about having a cyst, those things hurt so bad.

Eh, I am not sure why you are developing cysts.. have you been picking/irritating your skin? Sometimes when I try to treat my blackheads they get irritated and morph into cysts.

That just gave me a wave of panic. I just look at all the little blackheads on my nose and imagine if they all decided to flare up at once... *shudder*

(oh, and it was definitely a zit, not a cold sore. I'm ashamed to say that I know my zits!)

I'm on minocycline and spironolactone.

and 10 mins? Are you sure? I thought it was 15-20?

Flax seed oil, cocnut oil, chromium picolinate, zinc, b complex, vitamins c and e and cod liver oil..

Ok this is what I take every morning:

1 vitamin c, 1 vitamin e, 1 cod liver oil, 2 pau' d arco, 1 b complex, 1 cranberry extract, 1 weight smart multi-vitamin, 2 spironolactone 20 mg, 1 prozac 20 mg, 2 hyaluronic acid, 1 biotin

at night with dinner:

zinc, chromium picolinate, acidophilus (good kind from GNC)

at night later before bed:

100 mg minocycline, 1 vitamin e, 1 vitamin c, 1 cod liver oil, 2 pau d' arco, 2 hyaluronic acid, 1 biotin

Guest Tenshi

Flax seed oil, cocnut oil, chromium picolinate, zinc, b complex, vitamins c and e and cod liver oil..

Ok this is what I take every morning:

1 vitamin c, 1 vitamin e, 1 cod liver oil, 2 pau' d arco, 1 b complex, 1 cranberry extract, 1 weight smart multi-vitamin, 2 spironolactone 20 mg, 1 prozac 20 mg, 2 hyaluronic acid, 1 biotin

at night with dinner:

zinc, chromium picolinate, acidophilus (good kind from GNC)

at night later before bed:

100 mg minocycline, 1 vitamin e, 1 vitamin c, 1 cod liver oil, 2 pau d' arco, 2 hyaluronic acid, 1 biotin

u would be better of just taking accutane then popping all those pills..i cant beleive u bought it off the net..shows u are serious about this..i used to be like that...have 10 different vitamin jars id pop 1 in my mouth everyday..it's just too much..accutane did all the work..and a healthy diet..water..vitamin C and thats it. A multivitamin always broke me out..

Try doing nothing and stop stressing?

Well if you have done everything than you should let go. Dont stress over things u cant control.

Guest Tenshi

I'm glad you understand Tenshi. :(

i meant to add either tane or the light therapy..and not all the pills..that's all.. only because it means your mind is always focused on your face all the time..the stress wont help whereas a good treatment will..

Guest Tenshi

hmmm..kinda weird ..after i wrote this post i happened to see a TV special on Photodynamic Dynamic Light Therapy....they took 2 girls who had much much worse acne then yours...the spread all over the cheeks type of acne and it took 3 months but their skin looks amazing now..i think if u dont want to run the risk of accutane this could be an answer.. i just wanna see u get your dream of clear skin so u dont have to be stuck inside anymore...it's a damn shame but just thought u might wanna know what i just saw and it was all real..

On another note...there was a story about a girl who got sucked in by the Proactive infomercial..and it actually made her skin break out when she only had 2 or 3 zits to begin with...just goes to show we shouldn't be playing around with our skin so much..i also agree gentle is the key..

That same thing happened to me Tenshi.. the reason I started proactiv was because of my 2 zits I would get every month when I was in my sophmore year. If I had just left my face alone, I bet it wouldn't be so bad. Proactiv made it so much worse, and then I had to start going to a dermatologist. And two years later, it's worse than ever.

And i'm glad to hear about the light therapy but that's ALA .. that's very powerful. They do that along with Levulan. I'm just doing ordinary blue and red lights. I don't know if it will work as well. I found ANOTHER dermatologist though and I have an appointment with him May 15th. So that should give my lights enough time to see if they will work.

You are taking WAY, WAY too much medicine. About a year ago I was taking antibiotics given to me by my doctor, i had been doing this for about 8 months when the refills expired within 3 months, because I felt it had been helping my Acne. Well one day I forgot the bottle, so I was like shit now i'm fucked. I wake up the next morning and see a significant improvement without the medicine. It was like Holy shit. I don't feel all that medicine bullshit is going to significantly help your acne.

Take a multivitamim and a smile in the morning, and you should be good to go.

B-Complex, does not work. The rest you can get out of your everyday multivitamin. Also don't overdo it, if your taking 3 pills of the same medicine, you are over doing it.

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

and 10 mins? Are you sure? I thought it was 15-20?

15-20 if you're using them every other day. If you use them every day then it's 10 minutes. Less is more to a certain extent. :)

Guest Tenshi

That same thing happened to me Tenshi.. the reason I started proactiv was because of my 2 zits I would get every month when I was in my sophmore year. If I had just left my face alone, I bet it wouldn't be so bad. Proactiv made it so much worse, and then I had to start going to a dermatologist. And two years later, it's worse than ever.

And i'm glad to hear about the light therapy but that's ALA .. that's very powerful. They do that along with Levulan. I'm just doing ordinary blue and red lights. I don't know if it will work as well. I found ANOTHER dermatologist though and I have an appointment with him May 15th. So that should give my lights enough time to see if they will work.

well good luck..u still beautiful..MAy 15th is my birthday so ill pray for u.. ;)