Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am on my last month of accutane and haven't had a zit/pimple/blemish for about 3 weeks now, but these red marks on my cheeks are just as vivid as they were MONTHS ago (and I know because I have taken pictures.) So has anyone else experience this kind of effect, accutane stopping marks from healing? Nothing I have done seems to make a difference (Vit. E, Aloe Vera.) My Dermatologist suggested the best solution (perhaps the only solution, besides time) would be laser, specifically a "Gemini" laser. Has anyone heard of this? I don't want to commit unless I absolutely have to, because it will likely cost me several thousand dollars but I can't deal with these marks that have been on my face for over 5 months now.

I am on my last month of accutane and haven't had a zit/pimple/blemish for about 3 weeks now, but these red marks on my cheeks are just as vivid as they were MONTHS ago (and I know because I have taken pictures.) So has anyone else experience this kind of effect, accutane stopping marks from healing? Nothing I have done seems to make a difference (Vit. E, Aloe Vera.) My Dermatologist suggested the best solution (perhaps the only solution, besides time) would be laser, specifically a "Gemini" laser. Has anyone heard of this? I don't want to commit unless I absolutely have to, because it will likely cost me several thousand dollars but I can't deal with these marks that have been on my face for over 5 months now.

Time. I've been off a month and my red marks are done some what. Its takes like 6 months for your body to get back to normal. Don't do anything drastic, you may end up regreating it.

If it didn't happen to anyone else a "red marks left after acne" forum probably wouldn't exist. . .

Don't put too much crap on your face.

Wash your face with a gentle cleanser, use a home microdermabrasion kit (I like olay's), and maybe use some type of vit. c serum.

im in the exact same situation as you. is there anything we can do to get rid of these horrible marks in addition to waht we have been told?

I also facing the similar problems. I have a lot of red marks on my cheeks. It doesn't seem to fade away. Please let me know if you have any solution for this. Thanks.

i dont really know if i had redmarks before accutane but after i went on it they all went away. p.s still have that gay post accutane redness lol. im pretty sure ur redmarks will go away pretty fast after you finish accutane.

My red marks are going away faster witht ane. Must be the constant shedding of skin.

Hey I'm in the same situation also. I'm in my 2nd last month of accutane and I haven't had pimples for a couple of weeks now but red marks are very prominent and visible. I have like billions of red marks left over. I also hope that they will fade quick after I finish the treatment.

I am the same, red marks usually faded within a week brfore accutane. Now i have had same marks for last month n half. Recently i have been using emu oil which i find has helped alot. Put it on while in the shower and it seems to spread over face n absorb better

Wow guys thanks for all the replies. Seems like a lot of us are in the same boat together, but unfortunately nobody seems to know of any good remedies to help, save time. Has anyone heard anything about this laser treatment (Gemini) or any others? Are they worth it? I kind of want to get this shit dealt with before senior prom...

Time. I've been off a month and my red marks are done some what. Its takes like 6 months for your body to get back to normal. Don't do anything drastic, you may end up regreating it.

drastic as in...?

drastic as in...?

dermabrasion, laser ...

Anyway, give it some time after you stop taking it. You can't really help it much while on tane if they linger.

Hi, i am goin to get assessed for laser surgery next week, as i can get it done on the NHS for free. I will go find ut about it, and come back, and tell you all about it, and if i get it done, i will tell you how effective it has been.

you can speed up the process with enzymes, your body has them naturally but it helps desquamate the scar so it goes away faster. id HATE to have a lazer on my skin, im petrified to make any more marks or things on my face

I also facing the similar problems. I have a lot of red marks on my cheeks. It doesn't seem to fade away. Please let me know if you have any solution for this. Thanks.

some marks on my cheeks were like when i was 14-16, im 25 now and they are still there.

if your not on accutane.. and just have red marks and a few pimples.. is blue light laser and microdembrasion considered drastic? Blue light laser is for acne itself and microdembrasion just a mini dembrasion that hardly peels off the skin

I was on accutane 3 years ago and it slowed the healing process.. Now I want to go on it again, and I already have a bunch of purple marks.. will they stay prominant if I start tane?

YEP EMU Oil is a godsend, I have used it on my red marks for a week and they have dramatically lightened up. The product I have used is Care line's Emu Oil Cream with Jojoba & Vitamin E. I urge anyone to give this a try! I bought mine on E bay

You can get it from here:

cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110547861759&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

GOOD LUCK~

Hi, I have been using Careline EMU oil cream with jojoba OIL & Vitamin E with success. Its been only two days and my red marks have lightened up significantly. I previously tried 100% aloe Vera gel without success.

I got mine on E-bay. Just type "Careline Emu Oil cream" -

Good luck