Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
real maverick

Jajoba oil! wonderful, wonderful stuff

I used this a while ago, my bottle ran out, I went to buy some more, and they were out of stock, and I never bothered to go back and get some more, even though I loved the stuff.

Anyway, over the past few days my skin has got dry from the regimen, moisturiser helped but didn't totally hydrate my skin.

Last night I went and bought a bottle of Jojoba for £6.45 from Holland and Barrett.

I had a wash last night and while my face was still wet I massaged 3 drops of oil in to my skin and then patted dry as usual.

I then did the regimen as usual, after applying the BP I waited 15 minutes and then massaged another 5 drops in to my skin and applied my usual moisturiser.

Today my skin is soft and lovely, the Jajoba seems to have helped with the few spots I had too.

I have never seen this at our drugstores here in the US. I wonder, is it sold at healthfood stores or something?

Hey Brandy,

I got my in a health food shop, I know you can order it online, it's amazing stuff, it really is, makes my skin so soft and smooth.

After hearing all the talk about this stuff I decided to order some myself. My current moisturizer which is Neutrogena just doesn't seem to be hydrating my skin enough. Does it make a difference whether it's organic jajoba oil or regular? I ordered mine from drugstore.com and there were two versions....the organic was more so I just got the regular. At any rate the way this stuff has been described it seems awesome.

I believe mine is regular Campbells, and it's great stuff, you can use it in conjunction with your using moisturiser too, it should help make you skin lovely and soft.

Let me know how you get on with it.

Guest Gentle~Rain

Do you think putting it on before the bp will affect your results while on the CSR? Bp was so harsh on my skin ....maybe something like this could serve to help the sensitive people out there?

Hey G-R,

My skin had become dry over the past few days, which is why I decided to get the Jojoba again to see if it helped, the 3 drops after my shower, stopped the BP stinging, adn then a few drops after the BP had dried, stopped any irritation and today my skin is soft and back to normal.

I had 2 or 3 spots yesterday, these are greatly improved today, so if anything I'd say the Jojoba increased the benefits of the CSR.

I'd give it a go, if your current routine isn't quite cutting it.

I'll definatly let you know how it turns out for me Maverick. I should have it hopefully by the end of this week, but if not by the beginning of next week.

Sometimes after putting on BP it'll kinda leave a soft white haze where it's applied, but my moisturizer always makes that go away. Does the jajoba oil do the same for you Maverick?

Awesome! This stuffs sounds like it'll work perfect for me. Now it just sucks waiting for it to get here to try :D

Have you tried it anywhere else Maverick? I'm wondering how it'll do on my chapped hands from the winter

Yeah thanks to all of the members of this board contributing info, I just picked up some jojoba oil. I'm very pleased with it so far. I just need to master the technique of applying it. From what I read it seems best to apply when the face is slightly wet. That would mean I have to apply before the BP. I would worry about this though because the oil is actually a wax and I would imagine applying BP on top of jojoba would be less effective. Right now I just put it on my dry face, after the BP is on. The only down side is that I have to use a bit more oil but hey I can't complain about such a petty detail when this stuff helps my skin so much.

hmm, I get what yo'ure saying about not wanting to dilute the bp. perhaps you could apply the bp, wait 20 minutes, then lightly mist your face with clean water in a spray bottle? Then there might be the same kind of moisture so the jojoba will absorb better. just a thought... :)

Just wanted to add my experience with Jojoba oil. I use it right after cleansing to keep my face moist and then apply Bp over it. The Bp is just as effective with the jojoba oil already applied.

It shouldn't block or lessen the effects of Bp because Jojoba is commonly used as a carrier oil to dilute and bring stuff like tea tree oil, lavender oil, etc. into your pores.

Also, if you find yourself liking jojoba oil, order from www.iherb.com because they have a 16 oz. size for only $15 US compared to the $15 price tag for a 4 ounce bottle from drugstore.com.

Also, most healthfood stores will carry it for about $6-7 per 4 ounce bottle. Dessert Essence is the brand that I invariably find in stores in my area (Chicago).

One last thing I do sometimes is add a drop of tea tree for good measure for its antibacterial properties to give my regimen an extra factor.

Thanks for your contributions guys.

I've never read a single bad thing about Jojoba oil, most creams, moisturisers, oils etc get mixed reviews, but Jojoba always gets positive comments.

I'm looking forward to my wash this evening, so I can apply some! heh

Is this stuff good to use at the onset of CSR( at 1 month mark)? or should you wait awhile before you add something to your regimen?

I hesitate to endorse jojoba since I have only been using it for three days, but based on overwhelming positive feedback I would say that it would be fine for you to use now. Once it dries on your face it feels like it was made just for that purpose.

Guest Tenshi

A beautician told me to use this once..i never tried..maybe i will now. I have many essential oils..but maybe a need a special 1 to put on my face?

Hey maverick you said you purchased it from Holland and Barrett? i can't find it on there website have you got a link?

cheers

So can you put too much of this on or too often? I know if you put too much on at one time it is just an oily mess but what I mean is can I put this on numerous times throughout the day as it absorbs in my skin. In the future I probably wont need it but right now my face is really dry from the BP and regular moisturizer is not helping but this has helped but I want to get over the dryness too.

I am currently applying it three to four times a day. I take a lot of showers and ishh. I have seen no problems from multiple applications. It is definitely easier to apply when your skin is moist though. It spreads much more evenly.

So how would one incorporate both tea tree oil and jojoba oil into the regimen? I'm going to be picking both up today but I'm a bit skeptic of having to put this stuff on before the BP. Also, how should I mix them? A few drops with a few drops? Do I dilute with water?

So how would one incorporate both tea tree oil and jojoba oil into the regimen? I'm going to be picking both up today but I'm a bit skeptic of having to put this stuff on before the BP. Also, how should I mix them? A few drops with a few drops? Do I dilute with water?

Tea tree oil is strong stuff so it's best, I feel, to incorporate a little and see how your skin reacts. Start off by putting 5-6 drops of jojoba oil in the palm of your hand and add one drop of tea treem then apply to your face.

Alternatively, you can make a bunch at once by taking like 30 drops of jojoba in a bottle and adding 6 drops of tea tree so you'll have a pre-made solution,

Just take it slow and see how your skin reacts.

To be honest I think you should go for the jojoba oil and just stick with BP instead of the tea tree. Tea tree oil smells very strong. If you walk by someone while you are wearing it, I have no doubt that they will know you have some weird shit on you. Tea tree also didn't stop any of my breakouts, but I wasn't using BP with it. The BP and jojoba should be enough for you though.