Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
olieviya

Wearing BP in the sun?

I've been told by the pharmacist and my derm that wearing BP on my skin in the sun will horribly bleach my skin. This worries me since i want to start the Clear Skin Regimen. I live in a very sunny/hot climate and so will have a lot of sun exposure, an amount of which cannot be fully avoided, sadly. Please help.

Inform me on the matter, or of your experiences. I really want to have nice clear skin but no blotchy white patches!

I used BP last summer, I've even been on tanning beds while wearing BP, and it's never bleached my skin, and I don't think it could.

Although I've heard Panoxyl can cause brown marks though that has nothing to do with the skin, but the others seem perfectly fine.

I wonder where this 'derm' go their info, I doubt it was from first hand experiences, probably more hear say.

I'd not worry, and go for it, as it works so well for so many people.

Guest PokaHotAz

using bp makes my face whiter than the rest of my body... im olive skinned...

maybe it just depends on what ur skin tone is like

I hate dermotologist because all of them go of opionin base shit. They dont go off of facts. Skin cancer from sun exposure that hasnt been proven yet by any one. why are they idots? They go off the fact that more people that live at the equator have skin cancer then farther away from the equator. How this prove crap that skin cancer is caused by sun exposure. No Bp doesnt bleach my skin or anything. I go tanning once in awhile in a both to even my body tone up.

Wear a moisturizer with sunscreen on top of the bp. That will block the suns UVA/UVB rays. But to be honest, I've used bp practically all my life, so I suppose if your derm were right I should resemble Casper by now. But, thank goodness, I don't. My facial skin is typically a bit more pink toned than the rest of my skin. But when I look around at other people, I notice alot of them have a different tone to their facial skin than their neck and/or arms and such.

Just use the bp wisely. It's not wise to lay in the sun all day anyway, but if you are going to use bp, just use a good sunscreen.

Let us know if you need any help with the Regimen.

good luck.

Thanks guys, glad to know. I do not like the sun, i actually hate getting a tan i'd like to keep my skin as white as possible, but since i'm living in a very sunny place it's hard staying out of the sun... so I suppose a good oil-free moisturiser that also has sunblock in it would be a good buy... or possibly an oil-free make-up with some sunblock. Thought probably the first since i already have a very good oil-free make-up, i'll just apply the sunblock/moisturiser underneath, then.

Thanks again!

I'll try to discuss the issue with parents and derm, and hopefully decide on buying the products needed.

Btw, when I have make-up on i feel like i need to really rub the face in order to remove the foundation from my skin. I know you must be gentle and must not irritate the skin. What kind of product cleans make-up off skin without needing some extra pressure? The products i have tried to wash my face with do not clean the make-up off fully if i do not rub, and I now know that is bad. Any reccomendations?

I have a related question.

Should you use a moisturizer with sunscreen on the parts of your face you don't use BP on? I don't really want a crazy partially tanned face in the summer or spring!

What do you suggest doing? Moisturizer with sunscreen just on the BP'ed spots or on the entire face?

I've been told by the pharmacist and my derm that wearing BP on my skin in the sun will horribly bleach my skin. This worries me since i want to start the Clear Skin Regimen. I live in a very sunny/hot climate and so will have a lot of sun exposure, an amount of which cannot be fully avoided, sadly. Please help.

Inform me on the matter, or of your experiences. I really want to have nice clear skin but no blotchy white patches!

I know you've got the answer you were looking for but just want to say that I completely agree with Brandy! Don't forget sun protection!

I hate dermotologist because all of them go of opionin base shit. They dont go off of facts. Skin cancer from sun exposure that hasnt been proven yet by any one. why are they idots? They go off the fact that more people that live at the equator have skin cancer then farther away from the equator. How this prove crap that skin cancer is caused by sun exposure. No Bp doesnt bleach my skin or anything. I go tanning once in awhile in a both to even my body tone up.

Considerable sun exposure has indeed been linked to skin cancer and that is a fact, not my opinion. Maybe you should read more about it.

http://www.skincancer.org/skincancer-facts.php

I have a related question.

Should you use a moisturizer with sunscreen on the parts of your face you don't use BP on? I don't really want a crazy partially tanned face in the summer or spring!

What do you suggest doing? Moisturizer with sunscreen just on the BP'ed spots or on the entire face?

Moisturize and apply sunscreen on the entire face.