Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fleetwood

Slight breakout after switching to regiment from Proactiv?

Hey Guys,

I have been using Proactiv for around 6 months or so now and it has worked wonders for me. Cleared me up 100% and i had beautiful clear skin and i had gained all my self confidenece back, i was so happy.

2 days ago i switched from Proactiv to This regiment and i have had a slight breakout on my chin witch i havent had when using proactiv at all. Is this to be expected when changing products like this? My Regiment is as follows:

Morning:

1. ProActiv Cleanser (This has worked well on my skin before so i thought it would be allright to still use? Should i change it now im not longer using Proactiv?)

2. Benzac 2.5% BP - (I have noticed that this doesnt have a burning sensation on my skin? Is that normal?)

3. Neutragena Oil Free moisturiser.

Night is exactly the same steps.

ALSO, I put my BP on and wait 10-15 minutes and put my moisture iser on and it leaves HEAPS of white film behind? it looks like its peeling the BP off my face? How do i fix this?

Please help me with my regiment and questions as i want back my clearer skin back ASAP!

Thank you.

Thats Mate, Thats great to know!

How long should it take for my skin to get used to this regiment at clear start to clear up?

Also, Will my regiment work well?

What can i do about this white film?

Most people report an improvement to thier skin in the first two to three weeks, although there is sometimes an initial breakout.

The regimen you have laid out seems to have the basics covered - a gentle cleanser, 2.5 BP, and good moisturizer. I'm not the Clear Skin Regimen myself, but from what you listed, it looks good.

The white film could mean that you are overapplying the moisturizer or over applying the BP. I'm not sure entirely.

I just switched from Proactiv as well. I used it for about 2 years and then all of a sudden, it just quit working for me. I am new here but from what I have read, you should use a GENTLE cleanser and the proactiv cleanser is not what I would consider gentle. The proactiv repairing lotion works beautifully for the bp part of the process. Good luck!

Ditch the Proactiv cleanser! It's really too harsh. It has BP in it, which is ridiculous since you wash the cleanser off of your face right after you put it on, so the BP can't have any healing effect--just irritation. The little scrubby things in the wash are not helpful, either, since they provide only slight exfoliation at the cost of a lot of irritation. I'd switch to a gentler non-medicated cleanser.

As far as the white film goes, make sure you wait a full 15 minutes after applying the BP before applying to moisturizer (if you touch your skin after this, it should feel very dry). You want to use a lot of moisturizer but not too much. Start with 1 pump and then apply it to part of your face and see how it spreads out, and then add a couple more pumps as necessary. I use about 2 pumps of my moisturizer and find that to be quite enough, though some people like more moisturizer that that. After you've applied the moisturizer, if you wait 5-10 minutes and then take a paper towel or dry washcloth, you can gently rub away the white flaking from the moisturizer and BP pretty well.

Whatever the routine you were doing before the regimen, I imagine it's still likely you're going to experience the initial breakouts, that's to be expected I think, most cases I read, experience a few breakouts before they stay clear.

Regarding the white film, are you rubbing the BP in completely? I've not used benzac so I can't comment on how easy it is to rub in, it may take up to 10 minutes.

If this continues, even after trying your best to rub it in, perhaps try a different BP, Dans CSR gel rubs in very quickly and leaves no film, infact it gives your skin a nice matte feel.

Thank you all for your replys :)

I switched from Proactiv because buying it in Australia is just too expensive and ive found that i needed to use much more of the 3rd step (BP) to made my skin 100% clear, therefore i have lots of the first 2 steps left and none of the 3rd.

Would rubbing thew whte film off rub the BP and mosureiser off too or is the white film the excess BP or mosturiser?

Whats the best cleanser that you guys could recommend thats available IN Australia?

The slight breakout has basically dried up and i THINK im back on the way to nice clear skin hopefully. Its starting to clear now and i just hope i dont break out anymore.

I used Proactiv for 4-5 months. It worked very well, I have to admit, but then later it quit working and the cleanser broke open my active acne, and I ended up with scars from it repeaditly doing this. Me being stupid back then didn't know that was what I would end up with, but yes I have scars on my forehead, some deep.

I would switch from the Proactiv cleanser to a gentler one, with no exfoliation beads, then you can use a toothbrush for exfoliation.

This process is all trail and error... no two people are going to get the same results exactly from the same thing. You have to find what works for you... I know that the Oral B Exfoliation did not work for me, like it did for Jess. I broke out from it.

Goodluck :]

Oh yeah.. Rub the BP in pretty well, then let dry.. that should help with your film problem.

Proactiv worked at first but then I had to stop using it because of the costs. It was then, that I got a professional facial and it was all over from there. Acne left and right! So I went back on Proactiv and it made my face even worse. One you stop that regimen, don't ever go back! or mix!

Proactiv I seriously think contains an ingredient that stops working so you are convinced you arent buying enough of their products.

They have to make money somehow.

My breakout was slight after discontinuing Proactiv and then it turned into a disaster. Get your money back!

Proactiv worked at first but then I had to stop using it because of the costs. It was then, that I got a professional facial and it was all over from there. Acne left and right! So I went back on Proactiv and it made my face even worse. One you stop that regimen, don't ever go back! or mix!

Proactiv I seriously think contains an ingredient that stops working so you are convinced you arent buying enough of their products.

They have to make money somehow.

My breakout was slight after discontinuing Proactiv and then it turned into a disaster. Get your money back!

Thank you so much. I was thinking of buying Proactiv before. But when i read about it in your forums, i changed my mind. Im on my third day using this regimen. I hope this works.