Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Grrr!!!!! I'm so frustrated and angry and sad and pissed-off! I hate my face, I have little purple slash brown slash red marks slash scars I suppose all over my face! I can NEVER leave the house without makeup and, hello, it takes me 3 bleaping hours for me to DO my makeup! And even though my face looks relatively normal with makeup(unless of course you pull my hair all the way back to reveal my cheeks which then look really terrible) I'm not insane, 3 hours to put on makeup to make skin appear nice-looking is just wrong! I hate doing it which is why some days I just sit inside the house ALL DAY with no makeup on my face but with a towel draped around my neck so that just in case my mom or sibling comes into my room I can quickly cover my face with a towel. How sick is that? And to make matters worse I don't know what the hell category my skin fits into. I've looked at dozens of other people's photos and my face doesn't look like anyone else's. I don't really get zits but I do get lots of pickable little blackheads and sometimes whiteheads that I can't restrain myself from squeezing, my my skin if obviously mega-sensitive because as soon as I squeeze just ever-so-slightly a mark is left in it's place for days or even weeks or even months. And even though my skin feels really smooth from the touch it just looks awful. There's like little lines and small circle marks that go across my cheeks and even my nose, seriously there isn't a spot of skin on my face that doesn't have something on it. And I've seen some of your photos with only your cheeks damaged and I get jealous, even though my scarring or whatever it is isn't as bad, at least your whole face isn't covered with 'em. My dream is to wake up in the morning, wash my face and brush my teeth, and that's it! No makeup, just beautiful, mark-free skin, that's my dream. My sister wakes up in the morning, does her hair, and she's done, it takes her ten minutes to get ready in the morning. It takes my mom that same amount of time. It's hell for me to see that. I can't stand living anymore. I just can't.

i feel your pain.. But you have to stay strong.. There a lot of things you can do to improve your skin, and obviously this board very informative when it comes to that...

Have you tried to see a dermatologist? depending on where you live try to get some recommendations for great dermatologists.. Unfortunately many are all about the money and could really care less about truly helping you.. But there are those Dr's that truly care and are passionate about helping people..

There a lot of things you can do to help.. Needling, Exoderm, certain Lasers, Peels, Skinbio.com has great products.. Never give up the fight... Things happen for reasons, and believe it or not these things are happening in order to humble you..

Rely on God to lead you onto the right path and always have faith.. NEVER EVER give up the fight.......

Ultimately all these struggles were enduring are here to make us stronger and better people.. I remember when i had horrible acne i would question so many things and even God.. But now i realize had i not gone through the acne and currently going through the whole scarring thing, i would have been a totally different person..

In all i see what is truly important in life now.. Ultimately our bodies mean nothing, see it is merely the temple for our souls.. But i know self esteem is very important, and in order to have confidence we all want to look our best.. So never ever Give up.. Pray and Ask God to lead you, And lead you he Shall..

PLease go to your doctor and tell them how you feel. Tell them about how depressed you are because of your skin and ask to be refferred to

a dermatologist. I see a psychiatrist because I get so depressed which helps a little, but its worth trying everything you can to help your skin first and then see how you feel in a few years.

There are millions like you who are struggling, and knowing you are not alone and that there is help available really helps a lot of us.

Don't give up.

i want to tear off my face!!!

I can't tell you how many times I have felt the same way. Please know that you are not alone

and boy do I hear you on the makeup thing. There have been many times when my makeup routine took me 2-3 hours. But now it only takes me about a half an hour or so since I have been getting smoothbeam and v-beam. Please find a good derm. this board is good for that see if there are people who can recommmned a good derm in your area - there are plenty of people on here that live in England I am sure that they can give you some good references. Be careful though I have been to some really bad and thoughtless derms.... one scarred me permanently with a cortisone shot and another made me cry that's why I say try to get references maybe from people on this board.

Please contimue to post and let us know how you are doing.

Sounds like the marks on your face might be from your fingernails and picking. I know you've heard it before but try to stop and definetly don't dig with your nails. I've gotten a few of these before too. On the good side, they are probably shallow and will vanish with some treatments!!

Don't give up becasue this is really only minor stuff that will improve. Just make an effort not to use your nails!!

Thank you guys sooo much! I'm practically crying now, but in a happy oh-my-God-these people understand me way. You guys are so wonderful and great and deserve all the best in the world, we all do. It's totally not fair that we have to suffer this way while others don't, and I know it's wrong to envy others but I just can't help it sometimes ya know? How can I overcome this depression? Sometimes I feel like if I wasn't so busy feeling sorry for myself I might actually find ways to improve my situation, well not only find ways but actually apply them to my situation. And yeah I'm not really sure what kind of scars I have on my face. It's kind of like the scab didn't stay on long enough and it left a purple mark behind. But the purple and red marks didn't ever go away, they never go away! Are these scars or are these marks that will take years to go away on their own? It's so frustrating! ](*,) Can you guys help me? Oh and I tried fading cream with hydroquine in it but yikes! it just made my spots darker! Apparently that's what hydroquine does, little did I know then. And I'm on tetracyclene now which is probably why I don't ever break out except for little black and whiteheads. And I bought a at-home microdermabrasion kit but that also made my spots appear darker. And I've tried Retin-A but that sooo does not work for my skin it aggravates it likes crazy. I'm going to try that lemon and vinegar method today; cross your fingers! I don't know what else to do; please help....

1)Tell your fingers not to touch your face ,that is very important.No matter,how itchy it is.

2)Don't use any harsh products like retin -a,hydroquinone,home microdermabrasion.Treat your skin very gently.

3)Always use a good non-irritating sunblock.Scars get darker when you go out in the sun without sunblock.Try eucerin extra protective with spf 30.

I too lead a double life. With make up on I look OK. When it comes off I look like a monster.

It governs every aspect of my life, I can't go travelling, stay in the sun, go camping, stay round peoples houses, keep a boyfriend....

Hey, just hang in there, and dont give up!.. Acne doesnt last forever. I guess women do have it worse than Men, especially when you guys are portrayed as objects of beauty. But dont worry, just remember that you have friends and support on the Acne board!

Here's what I recommend..

1. Like someone has already stated, DONT touch your skin under any circumstances.

2. Drink Water, and Lots of it. Juice is okay, but soda... No.

3. Go to a Derm, and get antibiotics. I swear, these things DO work. In fact, Im on my way to the Derm tomorrow to get more.

4. If your acne is severe, I recommend Accutane if you arent sexually active.

5. Be positive, and calm. In my opinion, stress does cause one to breakout.

Remember, there is light at the end of the tunnel. :)/

user me and you have ALOT in common; I'm so glad that someone else lives the same sad way I do. With makeup on, even though it takes me forever to apply, I look fine, on a good day I might even get a compliment on my skin, but when the makeup comes off the only people I talk to are my mom, my brother, or my sister and that's only under certain circumstances: like if it's dark or if I can cover my face with a towel or something. And even with makeup on I don't let people get really close to my face because they'd be able to tell that I have some serious skin issues. And traveling is soo out of the question, even though I would love nothing more than to travel it just wouldn't work out. It takes me about three hours to apply my makeup but it would definately take me longer someplace else with different lighting that I'm not used to. I can't even go to my dad's house(parents divorced)because his bathroom lightening sucks! And he complaions when my sister takes more than 20 minutes getting ready so imagine him seeing me take 3 hrs.! But my dad is obsessed with beauty and looks so the pressure for me to look good 24/7 is a total must. I even died my hair back to it's natural dark brown color after being a fake blonde for a few years to make him happy and when he saw my new locks he said,"So when are you going to dye your back?" Along with a look that told me I'd betrayed him or something, since he's a blonde and my brother and sister are blondes but my mom has dark hair and that's where I got it and apparently he likes blonde hair better. You should see my sister, she's the perfect image of a highschool preppie/cheerleader label and my dad just loves it. Me on the other hand, well he refers to me as the plain jane/bookworm because I don't like to wear jewelry and I love to read even though I've practicly become anorexic trying to conform to his "high" beauty standards. (Sigh)I don't expect anyone to reply to this, I'm just venting.

Hey,

Your skin sounds so similar to mine, but please dont give up, there are soooooo many solutions for you out there.

I had tried so many creams and tablets after going endless amounts of times to the doctors, so i spoke to my mum and dad and we decided i shud go to see a demotologist, he was excellent, he gave me Differin gel which takes any inflamation away and he also put me on Dianette, which was also brialliant, stopped my oily skin, cleared my spots in about 4 months, i was much happier with myself, unfortunatly i had to come off Dianette as i suffer from bad migranes.

I also admit if i see a spot i just wanna pick at it, then you end up pickin clear parts of your skin and after you've picked your face and its red you feel so mad with yourself.

About 5 weeks ago i decided to start drinkin plenty of water, eat about 2 piece of fruit a day (ok fruit may seem boring) go the gym and do a gud workout and also stop picking my spots. All i can say is what an improvement i saw, so give it a go.

Last week i went through a bad patch because of a lad and felt awful and depressed which caused me to pig out on choccy and pick those dreaded spots and ive paid for it as ive got 4 HUGE nasty spots.

Good luck and let all of us know how you go.

Loadsa love

Liz

xXx

i used to lay in my bed..and i always had the urge to scratch off my skin. like scratch off all my acne..maybe even scrape it off with a knife..to get clear sking.

SEE A DERMATOLOGIST. i saw mine in february, and now im clear. it takes a while but its better than nothing. im left with 2-3 red marks.

i used to pile on foundation..it prevented me from having fun. like going swimming..sleeping over..doing makeovers with friends.

youre not alone, were here for you..see a dermatologist. buy neutrogena multi vitamin lotion (for red marks and splotches) and vita K for blotchy skin.

:) good luck.

Hey girl! How are ya doin' now? I wanted to say that I am having a similar

situation. I have red marks caused by blemishes and scars too. On top of it all, new pimples form! Arrrg! I totally understand and feel your pain. Hang in there. I agree with everyone else as well. You might see a Dermatologist or possibly a reg. medical doctor b/c they might have some ideas as well. Good luck!!! :)