Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lightersUP

Neutrogena Pore Refining Cleanser

How is this cleanser? Does it really make your pores smaller? And does it work well with acne-prone skin?

I used it once when it was in my shower (I guess my sister or mom bought it) it smells VERY chemical, almost like hairdye, and it burned my face and made it red, irritated, and dry...I don't have sesitive skin either so I dunno what's in it..

I like it ... it's the one product that's stayed in my regimen for years.

It contains AHAs and BHAs. It's great for exfoliation; helps unclog pores at the surface, leaves your skin really smooth (and many pores do look smaller because some of the surface gunk comes out)

I suggest using it in the shower for a couple of reasons: it works best if left on for awhile, and it needs to be rinsed off quite thoroughly. Here's what I do:

-- Wet face in shower, immediately apply cleanser to face, neck & chest, massage gently with fingertips for a couple of minutes

-- Reapply as needed during shower to keep it constantly on my face, etc.

-- DO NOT scrub with a washcloth or anything else; fingertips only

-- Rinse very thoroughly at end of shower

-- Pat skin dry, do not scour with towel

I'm not too keen with acids on my face but I went out and bought this cleanser anyway. It contains salicylic acid and glycolic acid, but they are not active ingredients. I'm kind of nervous because I've been using an unmedicated cleanser for the past month but I have some pores along the sides of my nose that I would like to minimize..

Anyway, I just used this product for the first time and I must say that it feels very nice on my face. The microbeads are incredibly small and sand-like; I had to really feel for them! Hopefully by the end of the tube I'll have smaller pores, more even-toned skin (I still have some red marks), and no breakouts (my face is currently pimple-free).

Right now I'm using:

C&C Persagel

Neutrogena Moisture SPF 15

Wish me luck!

I'm not too keen with acids on my face but I went out and bought this cleanser anyway. It contains salicylic acid and glycolic acid, but they are not active ingredients. I'm kind of nervous because I've been using an unmedicated cleanser for the past month but I have some pores along the sides of my nose that I would like to minimize..

Anyway, I just washed my face for the first time with this product and I must say that it feels very nice on my face. The microbeads are incredibly small and sand-like; I had to really feel for them! Hopefully by the end of the tube I'll have smaller pores, more even-toned skin (I still have some red marks), and no breakouts (my face is currently pimple-free).

Right now I'm using:

C&C Persagel

Neutrogena Moisture SPF 15

Wish me luck!

Sounds like a good routine, glad the cleanser didn't burn your face like it did mine..Good luck! :dance: