Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
scarssux

Fat injections

I have some shallow scars and decided to go for something less damaging in hope for better future treatments and earning more money. So fat injections was something a doctor told me he could do and some of it would be permanent. So what can ppl tell me about it? And how long does restylane last, because the doctor wants to c if injecting something would improve my scarring at all before injecting fat that could be 30% permanent.

Are there any side effects (skin getting worse?, pigmentation problem or healing problem)

Can u continue using BP and retina A (will retin A still have it positive effect of making ur scar better?)

I have some shallow scars and decided to go for something less damaging in hope for better future treatments and earning more money. So fat injections was something a doctor told me he could do and some of it would be permanent. So what can ppl tell me about it? And how long does restylane last, because the doctor wants to c if injecting something would improve my scarring at all before injecting fat that could be 30% permanent.

Are there any side effects (skin getting worse?, pigmentation problem or healing problem)

Can u continue using BP and retina A (will retin A still have it positive effect of making ur scar better?)

Ok, number one. If he wants to inject something before just to see, that’s nasty.

Fat injection uptake depends on the person. For example if you are a smoker forget it. Fat will only uptake if it can get a good blood supply going. It also depends on where the fat is taken from.

Fat from under the chin is most like the fat on the face. Next best is from the knee.

So if all is working in your favour you can look to expect a 50% + uptake, if you smoke, drink are not healthy you can maybe get 10% + uptake.

Resy will last 6 to 9 months. If there are complications it will turn hard like a lump, it can not be removed and you have to wait it out. Same goes for fat injection if it all goes south on you.

Having said all that, if you are going to get injections fat is the way to go. Resty will not last.

Ok, number one. If he wants to inject something before just to see, that’s nasty.

Fat injection uptake depends on the person. For example if you are a smoker forget it. Fat will only uptake if it can get a good blood supply going. It also depends on where the fat is taken from.

Fat from under the chin is most like the fat on the face. Next best is from the knee.

So if all is working in your favour you can look to expect a 50% + uptake, if you smoke, drink are not healthy you can maybe get 10% + uptake.

Resy will last 6 to 9 months. If there are complications it will turn hard like a lump, it can not be removed and you have to wait it out. Same goes for fat injection if it all goes south on you.

Having said all that, if you are going to get injections fat is the way to go. Resty will not last.

Thnx for responding Emma. So ur saying the healthier u are the better results u get? Is uptake good or bad? Cause it sounds like its positive if its a high uptake (not uptake from the body catabolism but the face right?)

Also it has risks? Omg, so u can gets lumps? Even when its my own fat? Also if its lumps will it cause scars, lets say restylane lumps will it cause my shallow scars deeper? Also is fat really permanent and have u had injections from fat? He said it will become more permanent the more u inject, but there are no sideeffects like the injected area dying or something like that?

I have 1-3 small scars that need to be patched up (i have smooth skin but i dont know why u can c the scars)

P.S the bolded text in ur post sounded somewhat kinky :lol:

I love astroboy too Emma :dance:

:lol: :lol:

So ur saying the healthier u are the better results u get?

Is uptake good or bad?

Plastic surgeons refer to uptake as how much fat can become vascular, ie take up and circulate fluids, a certain percentage of the fat injected will die off and so much will vascularise. So yep the higher the better. You don’t have to be healthy as such, but smokers have bad circulation so not much will uptake.

Also it has risks?

Omg, so u can gets lumps?

Yep Resty lumps will go away by themselves and so will fat. If not they will have to be removed surgically. Its not a common complication but it its not rare either.

Also is fat really permanent and have u had injections from fat?

Yes fat is permanent if you get uptake, Resty is not. I have had a fat graph to my upper right eye before and am due for fat injections behind the orbital eye muscle in April.

No other real side effects to fat injection and if there is they are easy to deal with just time consuming.

:lol: :lol:

So ur saying the healthier u are the better results u get?

Is uptake good or bad?

Plastic surgeons refer to uptake as how much fat can become vascular, ie take up and circulate fluids, a certain percentage of the fat injected will die off and so much will vascularise. So yep the higher the better. You don’t have to be healthy as such, but smokers have bad circulation so not much will uptake.

Also it has risks?

Omg, so u can gets lumps?

Yep Resty lumps will go away by themselves and so will fat. If not they will have to be removed surgically. Its not a common complication but it its not rare either.

Also is fat really permanent and have u had injections from fat?

Yes fat is permanent if you get uptake, Resty is not. I have had a fat graph to my upper right eye before and am due for fat injections behind the orbital eye muscle in April.

No other real side effects to fat injection and if there is they are easy to deal with just time consuming.

Thnx. Hopefully it works on shallow scars and i wont get lumps or anything wierd. And my skin wont be wierd so the future is bright. :cool: If fat injections are so good why dont ppl go after it?

Hi. I'm interested in fat transfer too. Both for acne scarring and under my eyes--which have a shallow appearance.

I am interested, emma, in your experience with this. How expensive is it, and why are you havig fat injected behind your orbitals? I have not heard of that.

Thanks for answering my questions!

Hey, read my post on fat graft.

It really depends on the doctor, and it is not injected but implanted.

Hey, read my post on fat graft.

It really depends on the doctor, and it is not injected but implanted.

I am not sure fat graph’s are appropriate for scars as with a graph it is normally stitched into place. :think:

And graphs are done like little pearls or tear drops

If fat injections are so good why dont ppl go after it?

Because normally a plastic surgeon (PS) does fat injection and any doctor can do training for resty injections. When the fat is removed from you it has to be prepped to go back in, you just can not take it out one place and pop it back in another.

I am interested, emma, in your experience with this. How expensive is it, and why are you havig fat injected behind your orbitals? I have not heard of that.

Thanks for answering my questions!

I have slight dolls eye in my left eye (no fold in the corner). I had a first operation to reposition the fat that was already there, now that I have healed from that op, the second part is to now replace what I need to fill out the eye area to make the fold look like my right eye. Placing the fat behind the muscle means that even if it does go lumpy on me the muscle will hide that fact.

If you want to do lowers you might want to consider fat repositioning and or a graph rather then injections.

All up the cost was $3500 ish but that is for both stages. But only fat injections are about $750 and that included the operating theatre costs.

I would go fat any day over a temporary filler. One you know its only going to last a short time, the other is a life time investment.

Im having fat injection performed this April when my fraxel's are finished.. I'll be sure to take before & Afters.

Im having fat injection performed this April when my fraxel's are finished.. I'll be sure to take before & Afters.

Why are u having fraxel + fat injections? Isnt fat injection enuff to fill most scars?

Hi emma, thanks for answering my questions. I wonder if I have doll's eye. Do you mean that the douter part of the eye corners (not inner corner with tear ducts) doesn't have a fold?

I don't think mine has much of a fold. I wonder if there's a website where I could compare. Thanks again, in advance.

Why are u having fraxel + fat injections? Isnt fat injection enuff to fill most scars?

Im mostly doing fraxel to imrpvoe skin tone, reduce blotchiness and even out my complexion and shallow scars.

Im mostly doing fraxel to imrpvoe skin tone, reduce blotchiness and even out my complexion and shallow scars.

oohhh. well i only have shallow scars. I hope fat injections still works for that :shifty:

Hi emma, thanks for answering my questions. I wonder if I have doll's eye. Do you mean that the douter part of the eye corners (not inner corner with tear ducts) doesn't have a fold?

I have no fold in the inner corner of one eye, dolls eye in itself is not uncommon, it’s just uncommon to have it in one eye, leaving the asymmetry of both eyes uneven.

No fold in the outer probably is a good thing, as your brow muscles have not dropped with age and are holding well.

I am interested on how the laser goes, I am currently doing a course of Jessner’s peels for, skin tone , shallow scars, blotchiness etc

Can it be performed on Cheeks? And as so, if I get it taken from another area, will that area look naked? Or do they stretch the skin over? Also, how painful is the procedure?