Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

how long would you guys say it takes for a healthy diet to improve skin.By healthy i mean 2 litres of water a day,lots and lots of fruit and veg,no dairy,no wheat,very little processed food.Generally natural foods.

cheers

It can take months for one to notice a difference. But I would say 2 months. But usually a change to a new healthier diet won't cure your acne, but may make it a LITTLE better.

At first I thought a change in diet can help, but while it does it didn't give me the results that I want in the time frame that I was expecting (a couple of months). But everyone is different. Cutting out dairy and sugar is a great start, and even reducing on fruit (shockingly) for those who believe they have candida.

how long would you guys say it takes for a healthy diet to improve skin.By healthy i mean 2 litres of water a day,lots and lots of fruit and veg,no dairy,no wheat,very little processed food.Generally natural foods.

cheers

Just that won't clean your system if it was bad. I recommend colon cleansing and anti candida diets too.

My way should take under a month. 6 weeks tops depending on the current condition. obviously if the current condition is severe it could take 2-3 months, but mild - moderate I would say 1 month.

And my way should make HUGE improvements, not minor/small. This is considering that you aren't experiencing highly hormonal acne also.

If you want fast results, you need to go on a 100% strict diet. It shouldn't take more than 1-2 weeks to get clear this way, but it could take longer if your body is really messed up.

This is what I consider to be "safe" food:

Virgin coconut oil/virgin olive oil

Organic fruits (make sure you're not allergic to anything though!) - green apples, mango, kiwi, oranges...

Organic veggies (most of them should be steamed since they can be hard to digest when raw) - cucumber, broccoli...

Raw organic egg yolk for protein and other nutrients (tastes good in fruit shakes)

And remember, eat in moderation. It's probably not a good idea to eat 10 apples in one day...

Start with this for 1-2 weeks, and then gradually add other stuff. I would recommend you get a good cookbook with a paleolithic approach (online recipies: http://www.paleofood.com/). Me and several other people I've met online are 100% clear when we follow a strict paleolithic diet plan.

Of course, there's always the possibility that you are allergic to some of the "healthy" foods that you include in your diet. I ate "healthy" for years and my skin still broke out. I found out a couple of months ago that I am allergic to egg whites, chicken, turkey, beans, oats, rice, and some fruits. My seemingly healthy diet was not healthy for me. I still eat very healthfully, however, and avoiding my allergenic foods is helping (after 3 months off of them), however the process is slow.