Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
noether

Aveeno ultra-calming foaming cleanser

I just wanted to suggest that you try Aveeno ultra-calming foaming cleanser if you haven't given it a shot yet. The first cleanser to really make a positive difference for me was Eucerin Pore Purifying Wash (which I posted about previously). When I used that, I had a significant reduction in acne, and had only a few small pimples at a time. Then I ran out of it and fortuitously came across the Aveeno. I used it for four months and had the clearest skin I've had since I was 12 years old (I'm now 21). I got compliments on how well my skin was clearing up. I ran out of it a few weeks ago and went back to Eucerin, but hurried back to the Aveeno because I started getting a few small pimples again. The Aveeno is still working wonders. I noticed it has no sodium laureth (or lauryl) sulfate listed in the ingredients-- maybe that's why it doesn't break me out. That, and it isn't drying at all.

Sorry for the lengthy description- I guess my point is that if you have dry, sensitive skin that is prone to breakouts, you might benefit from trying Aveeno.

My derm actually suggested it. I'm guessing he probably had a luch earlier that day with some J&J sales reps, because I can't really see why it's superior to any of the other cleansers I've tried. It's okay I guess, but it seems a little too drying (it's not really a "gentle" cleanser). I do notice that I break out less when I use the Aveeno instead of the Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser, but I'm way more flakey when I use the Aveeno one.

I have't noticed anything calming about it.......

I'm not saying that this cleanser is the sole reason that I cleared up-- age (coupled with cutting out all products besides cleanser) may have taken care of the bulk of my acne. However, it seems that Aveeno ultra-calming foaming cleanser pushes me over the hurdle from mostly clear skin to completely clear skin.

So I hope I didn't give anybody false hope about this product being a miracle.