Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

im not sure where i should have posted this, but seeing how this has the most members on, this will do.

Accutan is a product by Roche.

here's a little information about Roche.

Roche manufacture a range of products and provide various services mainly in the Pharmaceuticals, Diagnostics, Vitamins and Fine Chemicals industries.

They are a big customer of HLS.

Sarah Kite exposed a number of Roche studies when she worked undercover at HLS in Cambridgeshire, UK. In one test for a drug Roche were looking to produce and sell she witnessed rats in a very poor state: “2 rats were isolated, but extremely large and in a very poor condition, lethargic, wet, greasy fur, pilo-erection [fur stood on end] – a very sad, pitiful sight. Rats in cages 39 and 89 were bleeding. I found large amounts of blood under their cages�

In another Roche study mice were being used, Sarah made the following observations:

“ hunched posture, swollen abdomen, watch number 33, large mass on head�.

In yet another study, this time for the food colouring Canthaxanthin, which was used in colouring the flesh of salmon and trout and also used in sun tanning pills. Sarah observed:

"Effects included lethargy, hair standing on end, swollen necks and abdomens. Those given high doses had orange fur and tails, with brick red faeces and urine." The substance was considered so harmful that the staff cleaning out the animal's pens had to wear oxygen suits. Canthaxanthin was banned at the beginning of December 1988 by the Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food (MAFF) yet HLS were still happily poisoning animals with it months later.

Roche were also responsible for the deaths of 64 monkeys in one study alone at HLS in Suffolk, UK.

you can check out the video from inside huntingdon life sciences with the link below. when you click it, just go to the link that says watch footage from inside HLS, and right click.

http://www.shac.net/MERCHANDISE/videos.html

lets make a difference ya'll

I dont see anything wrong with using animals to test things as long as it is serving a purpose and not being waisted

I agree. I'm moving this topic to Emo for now-if anyone wants it moved elsewhere, please let me know. Transferring the thread from the CSR forum to the Emotional and Psychological board.

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

Interesting, but it's not really that surprising. I've heard other awful stories about drug companies. So Vegiehead, do you have Acne or are you just plugging this information?

fuck all of you.

if you were observant, you will see that i have posted questions before.

your so quick to jump the gun and make assumptions.

i said im not sure if this was the place to post this thread, so by you saying this isn't the place is pointless.

and how is using animals ever serving a purpose. there are so many alternatives out there where nothing should have to suffer and be killed. animals are getting killed every day for your acne treatment, toothpaste, shampoo, botox, splenda, and many others.

im not bringing this here to start a debate. it IS relevent in this forum. so if anyone here wants to debate about it or the meat industry, im fully ready to win. i will kill you in any debate.

yeah, like i said, stop judging me and get a life.

Interesting, but what's the point? Yes, they use animals, and some products are harmful, and it's good that they found this out before they got to humans.

Are you saying that they SHOULDN'T use animals to test things like accutane? Of course they should. Would you rather see this done to a human being?

Skinning animals for fur is one thing, testing dangerous and life-saving drugs is another.

fuck all of you.

im not with PETA. PETA isn't everything.

and accutane is not life saving. animals should not be used at all. why is it their responsibility to help save a money hungry race. you can't even imagine whats being done to these animals. they are being disected while being still alive. this one experimenter took a primate and cut his eyeball out, then snipped a vein that would give him a stroke. all while he was fully concious. why should this monkey have to go through with this. your nothing more than a specieist.

and if humans were raised for meat production, of course it wouldn't be acceptable. humans can live without killing. so when you eat things like chicken, your eating it because it taste good, not because you need it to live. i don't understand how people can kill to eat.

How would you test drugs then? You provided a scenario in which an animal suffers, now please provide the alternative: how you propose to test dangerous drugs on people. Who will it be? prisoners? people from poor overpopulated countries?

Guest Gentle~Rain

I think this would actually be more revelant in the prescription medication forums, people there who use this brand may be interested in knowing.

Making the argument that companies shouldn't test cosmetics on animals is legit.

Making the argument against skinning animals for fur is also good.

In the case with accutane, people sometimes get really nasty and life-threatening side-effects, so if anything, they should do more tests on animals to improve the medication, before any more people get hurt.

90% of people on this website would agree that accutane is a life-saving medication.

animals should not be used at all. why is it their responsibility to help save a money hungry race.

it's not the animal's responsibility to do anything. But it's a researcher's responsibility to make a product which doesn't kill people who use it. What does medication have to do with hunger for money?

you can't even imagine whats being done to these animals. they are being disected while being still alive. this one experimenter took a primate and cut his eyeball out, then snipped a vein that would give him a stroke. all while he was fully concious. why should this monkey have to go through with this.

Innocent people in Iraq get blown up every day. And for what? I'm sure Bush's agenda isn't worth killing so many people. But that's how it is. Some people are considered more important than others. An American life has more weight than an Iraqi life. (I don't think that's the way it should be, but that's reality) A human life has more weight than an animal life.

Kids in the ghetto kill each other over shoes. Let's work on making people realize that a human life is worth something.

and if humans were raised for meat production, of course it wouldn't be acceptable. humans can live without killing. so when you eat things like chicken, your eating it because it taste good, not because you need it to live. i don't understand how people can kill to eat.

Red meat causes cancer, and milk is unhealthy. Chicken is the only animal protein which is good for you. I don't like the taste of it. I eat chicken because:

• I can eat a little chicken, as opposed to a lot of vegetable protein

• Chicken fuels my body with more energy, and I feel better after eating it

I believe in eating free-range chicken, because I want to support companies which don't use anti-biotics, hormones, and treat their chickens well.

People are on top of the food chain. People enjoy power over others - that's a fundamental principle of our psychology. Murder is an expression of power. When someone gains more power than others, the others suffer - by definition, because that means they have less power. Besides the people who smoke pot all day. They're too stoned to care about anything.

yes, people are dying in other countries, but whats your point. does this justify killing more innocent creatures. killing is killing, and it's all not necessary.

their are plenty of alternatives out there which are cheaper, faster, and more reliable. Roche has been testing a product, i will find out which one. anyways, the product was tested on animals, which means thousands of animals were murdered. well, the product is out and has killed 6 or 7 people. so this just goes to show that animals and humans are different. we can not get acurate results.

we can use models, human skin cultures, and eye cells.

humans are not the only species on this planet. just because we have the power to do whatever we want, even if it involves destroying the environment, and taking innocent lives, doesn't give us the right to.

and why eat chicken protein when it involves killing if other proteins are of equal or better value.

like i said, your a specieist. which makes you a racists.

If i had to personally kill 10 monkeys to cure myself of acne I would do it in a heartbeat. I'm sure i'm not the only one here who would.

like i said, your a specieist. which makes you a racists.

well, then you as well as others on this board are sick individuals who care more about your appearence than lives.

thats not a fake work dumbass, and it's spelled correctly.

Guest Gentle~Rain

There is nothing wrong with eating meat. There is also nothing wrong with abstaining from eating meat. We should not force our convictions on this issue onto other people.

To the starter of the thread, do you totally abstain from the use of all medications? Because most all ( or a part of the whole item such as the coating or dye or other various components) are tested on animals. What about band aides??? Think the adhesives just "came into use??" What other personal items do you use?

specieist=speciesist

a racists= a racist

fake work dumbass= fake "word" dumbass

:wub:

hey, typos are different from bad grammar:)

i feel that humans should be entitled to do as we please as long as we're not hurting anyone. when we hurt, or kill someone, including other species, then we are crossing the line, and actiongs should be taken.

Guest Gentle~Rain

hey, typos are different from bad grammar:)

I know, sorry :D

i feel that humans should be entitled to do as we please as long as we're not hurting anyone. when we hurt, or kill someone, including other species, then we are crossing the line, and actiongs should be taken.

Many are for protecting every animal no matter the cost both to mankind and to the animals... that being said, true animal cruelty should not take place ( using animals for food if humanely done is not cruelty).We are to control the numbers of animals so disease and sickness do not kill them off, we are to use the animals for our needs, we are to control animals in a manner in which they are not harmful to humans, and finally we should protect them from over-killing and abuse. The problem lies in the fact that many do not understand this balance and tend to over protect or under protect animals.

Well you have certainly opened some eyes here. I will never eat meat again. Go on fighting the good fight.

Teenaged vegans are so cute! :wub:

Your grammar is awful.

call me a cold hearted bastard but who gives a shit about rat.

I dont believe that they should be harmed/tortured or have to endure suffering but i believe that they should be used to test things for the good of mankind.

They're rats anyway...fuckin plague spreaders.

A drug company uses animal testing??!?!! :shock::shock::shock:

Next we'll have sports clubs using footballs!!!! WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TO?!?!??!

yes, people are dying in other

their are plenty of alternatives out there which are cheaper, faster, and more reliable.