Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest chon_bon

anyone afraid of cancer?

Guest chon_bon

to follow the regiment correctly, u need to have bp on your face basically 27/7, not to mention another layer of chemicals to moisturize.

just thinking about it.

to follow the regiment correctly, u need to have bp on your face basically 27/7, not to mention another layer of chemicals to moisturize.

just thinking about it.

How do you have something on your face 27 hours a day?

just thinking about it.

... the stuff has to be carcinogenic for the skin in order for you to develop cancer.

"chemicals" does not equal "cancerous"

just thinking about it.

... the stuff has to be carcinogenic for the skin in order for you to develop cancer.

Benzoyl Peroxide has been shown to cause tumors in laboratory animals. This does concern me, but not enough to cause me to stop using BP. Although, if I found another treatment that worked, I would stop all BP use immediately. I would rather die at the age of 40 from skin cancer than go my entire youth/young adulthood with a disfiguring disease. I'm sure not everyone shares my sentiment, but this is how I feel about it.

Hmm, proof?

I've always heard conflicting reports.

http://www.google.com

If it concerns you enough, you can (and should) do your own research. My intent is not to convince you that BP causes cancer. I myself am not convinced one way or the other. Any type of peroxide releases a huge amount of free radicals as it breaks down. With that comes a possibility of promoting cancer.

just thinking about it.

Benzoyl Peroxide has been shown to cause tumors in laboratory animals. This does concern me, but not enough to cause me to stop using BP. Although, if I found another treatment that worked, I would stop all BP use immediately. I would rather die at the age of 40 from skin cancer than go my entire youth/young adulthood with a disfiguring disease. I'm sure not everyone shares my sentiment, but this is how I feel about it.

Same.

I don't even care after that... best years of your life...

I don't give a shit, so many things cause cancer, plus if I try too hard to avoid cancer luck will just end up getting me hit by a car or something.

+1

i dont imagine its a great idea to put so much on all the time... but you're all right, these are the best years of our lives, and we only live once...

Anything you add onto your skin gets absorbed into your blood stream from your pores into your muscles, into your blood stream circulating around your body. If you use BP daily on your face or any part of your skin you most likely have BP running through your system.

I dont think it would be that dangerous because it's just low amounts and your body and cells become immune and addapt to things like this.

BP has been used for years, and so far nobody has made a link, and I don't know many people with skin cancer on their face.

Try not to worry, life has enough to worry about, without adding extra worries that are only fictitious.