Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

ok so my problem is that I use this soap to wash my face in the morning before school and before going to sleep, its a Neutrogena soap thats says its dermatologist recommended, transparent facial bar and with acne prone skin formula. The problem is that 10 minutes after washing my face with it i have really flaky and dry skin, its ok if I use it before going to sleep cause when I wake my face is barely flaky but if I use it before school then its a problem! Should I keep using this soap, is it harmful?

Also I have oily skin but Im not sure if the soap is helping me.

this is only me opinion.. but in the past any sort of washes or soaps that are meant for acne prone skin, they have never actually done a thing for me but irritate and dry my face out worse. My dermatologist has had me on dove since I was a teenager (im 22 now) and it really does wonders.. I recently switched to a new dermatologist and he said go for the cetaphil products. If you read my current regimen below you will notice I am using a combination of both.

fyi,

I have sensitive, sometimes dry, sometimes oily in places, acne prone skin. What I am doing really seems to be working.. I am 98% clear at the moment.. but with A LOT of red marks.

good luck.

;)