Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CanadianChron

moisturizer goes on...strange

I've been using the regimen for a couple months now and when I put on my moisturizer on the areas of my face with bp it doesn't rub in or absorb properly it seems. On other parts of my face I put it on and it sinks right in. It does that on my forehead too and I use bp there but I use more bp on my chin and that's where when I put moisturizer on it rubs in a bit but I can't get it rubbed in completely cause right away it gets too sticky and then it's just a big white area that slowly absorbs and goes to normal, but right after it absorbs for about 30-60 minutes it's really greasy looking. Is that normal? In Dan's video his moisturizer goes on so nice, I wish I could do that cause right now getting it on is taking close to 10 minutes. I use Neutrogena Oil Free and also tried Complex 15, they both do it. Also I make sure I rub the bp in properly, I use about a finger's worth on my chin/neck and it takes me around 10 minutes, by the time I'm done my fingers just stick to the skin.

I have this same thing happen to me when I use Cetaphil moisturizer, but when I use Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion (which has alpha hydroxy acids in it) it goes on with ease. Maybe the AHAs have something to do with it...but I'm not really sure. As you said, in Dan's video his appears to go on nice and smooth, and he uses the Eucerin which AHAs in it, which also leads me to believe that.

keep on keepin on

I have this same thing happen to me when I use Cetaphil moisturizer, but when I use Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion (which has alpha hydroxy acids in it) it goes on with ease. Maybe the AHAs have something to do with it...but I'm not really sure. As you said, in Dan's video his appears to go on nice and smooth, and he uses the Eucerin which AHAs in it, which also leads me to believe that.

keep on keepin on

cetaphil moisturizer does that with me, but neutrogena moisturizer is fine. i guess you gotta find what works with your skin

you may be using too much bp on your chin area. A full finger is what is recommended for a full face application. Perhaps use a bit less bp on your chin, wait a full 10 minutes after you have rubbed it in, then apply your moisturizer with smooth sweeping motions, not circular smearing action. See if that helps it absorb better.

The reason it looks so effortless and smooth when I do it is because I'm using Eucerin Skin Renewal moisturizer. It's so much better than neutrogena or cetaphil it's a joke.

keep on keepin on

Yeah I use that Neutrogena stuff too and it goes on perfectly, but, you use that ALONE? I mean, I've never tried that, I didn't know it was actually a moisturizer. I always figured if I just put on the neutrogena healthy skin and no extra moisturizer I'd get really dry, so I've been afraid to try it.

you may be using too much bp on your chin area. A full finger is what is recommended for a full face application. Perhaps use a bit less bp on your chin, wait a full 10 minutes after you have rubbed it in, then apply your moisturizer with smooth sweeping motions, not circular smearing action. See if that helps it absorb better.

Tried that once, bad mistake, the regimen was working great and I tried using less and got like 10 whiteheads. Better than the bigass pustules I used to get, but still discouraging. But the sweeping helps better than the circular, thanks for that :)