Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pheremone

BP wash + tretinoin

http://www.lejacq.com/Search_ArticleDetail...FTOKEN=72651231

look at the study if you want.

Basically says that the time of exposure or "half-life" of BP is not really the point, but more exposure to the BP. Hitting the skin with BP wash leaves the skin less damaged than a leave on BP. This along with tretinoin i.e. retina or green cream probably, according to this study should be just as effective as the regimen without the leave on, the bleaching, messiness, time, etc.

Guinea pig please, post a log?

Probably would be a BP wash, wait, tretinoin, moisturize +spf

Hmmm, that's quite interesting. I'm not volunteering for the job, though -- BP is out of my life forever.

You might add "thorough rinse" to that regimen following BP wash, as it neutralizes tretinoin, right?

Hmmm, that's quite interesting. I'm not volunteering for the job, though -- BP is out of my life forever.

You might add "thorough rinse" to that regimen following BP wash, as it neutralizes tretinoin, right?

that would be correct.

this really seems way more efficient than dan's. although it does say that the leave on's are slightly more effective. I believe the time save from the regimen makes this worth it if it's almost as effective.

This type of regimen is what is recommend on the Vivant website (products created by Dr. Fulton, who co-developed the original retin-A).

They recommend a BP wash - particularly if the acne is very mild or if your skin is too sensitive for a leave on BP product. Also included in the recommended regimen is a non-prescription retinoid type of product (their products use vitamin A proprionate).

yeah, I was thinking that the BP/Retin A combo would be too much for many people ... I know my skin couldn't handle it.

The Vivant retinoids that Willow mentioned are MUCH less irritating than Retin A, however.

My derm had me doing bp wash + tretinoin at night and it just made my face really red and sensitive.

Did it clear your acne though?

Hey, LQ, I'm wondering about a BP wash followed by Green Cream? :think:

I don't see why not, although you would want to get your skin accustomed to the GC first, I think. Otherwise you could have some issues with dryness & irritation.