Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Laurentx

Another Green Cream post

So.. for almost a week now I have been using the Green Cream ever other day after washing my face at night. Then on the nights I dont use the Green Cream I have been using my SA astringent and SA moisturizer....

Somone mentioned it might dry my face out too much, but it really hasn't...

My skin looks so much better already....I can't believe it..

This Green Cream stuff is really amazing...

I had also read that it might cause some irritation at first, it didnt even do that!!!

I'm wicked excited! :dance:

It made my skin breakout something awful.

The active ingredient in Green Cream is retinol, which will cause many people's pores to purge for the first few weeks or months of use. Gentle exfoliation will help remove dead surface skin and allow the gunk to escape from your pores.

I too have jumped on the Green Cream bandwagon.After using the samples for only three weeks and my skin going through a moderate amount of purging I had the best looking skin Ive had in years. Now, a couple days after I ordered the full size, my skin is breaking out even worse. Im wondering if this is just more purging or a reaction to another product.

I was wondering though if I can use a cleanser with glycolic acid while using the Green Cream. I read some posts that said not to use BP while using Green Cream so Im wondering if its the same kinda situation. Thanks

I too have jumped on the Green Cream bandwagon.After using the samples for only three weeks and my skin going through a moderate amount of purging I had the best looking skin Ive had in years. Now, a couple days after I ordered the full size, my skin is breaking out even worse. Im wondering if this is just more purging or a reaction to another product.

I was wondering though if I can use a cleanser with glycolic acid while using the Green Cream. I read some posts that said not to use BP while using Green Cream so Im wondering if its the same kinda situation. Thanks

Kevin on the GC board recommends salicylic acid along with the GC for acne prone skin. My suggestion from what I've read here and on the GC board is to use a gentle cleanser, GC, and then SA in that order. You would want to wait at least 30 minutes after using the GC to use anything else.

The reason you are breaking out after switching to the full size GC could be because the samples are not air tight and may have lost potency. I had sort of the same thing happen to me after switching. Good luck with the GC and keep us posted. :D

Edit-I forgot to mention you should add an exfoliant in there somewhere also. To keep all the dead skin from clogging you pores.

The reason you are breaking out after switching to the full size GC could be because the samples are not air tight and may have lost potency. I had sort of the same thing happen to me after switching. Good luck with the GC and keep us posted. :D

That's quite possible ... and also, I found that the purging came in waves, and was definitely worse if it was combined with a hormonal breakout.

The good news is, I'm 2.5 months in now and definitely through the worst of it ... have the best skin of my adult life right now.

Thanks guys. I cant wait until Im 2 plus months in like you Queen. This purging is horrible this time. The cysts on my chin and jawline are coming back but I have noticed that theyre not as big,hmmm. Im going to be positive about this product and I really do believe that its going to do my skin some good.