Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BeautifulSkinAgain

Coffee... lots and lots of coffee!!

Okay, I may not drink 8 glasses of water a day. But I sure do drink almost 8 cups of coffee a day.

I have to give it up. At 45 how can I?

Any suggestions?

I would like to post my photos of before and after.

Willpower, my friend, is what a lot of things come down to. You probably don't need to hear this from a 16 year old, but don't let yourself, if it's your goal.

Anytime you want coffee, slam a glass of water instead. It might help to carry some around with you.

Okay, I may not drink 8 glasses of water a day. But I sure do drink almost 8 cups of coffee a day.

Any suggestions?

Argh, coffee is such a vice. The best success I've had with giving it up is to find a GOOD substitute. Now there is nothing that tastes like coffee, but chai tea (w/o sugar), or some roasted root substitutes can be good. Yogi tea makes a cocoa spice tea that is really good with a bit of sweetener (xylitol or stevia) and some oatmilk.

If it's the caffeine you miss, green tea or yerba mate.

My mom is in her 50s and she recently kicked the habit. She did it by buying this stuff called Teecino (teacinno?? something like that). It's a coffee substitute. At first, she mixed a little coffee in with it and gradually weaned herself off it.

Coffee Replacement

I read that eating a simple apple gives the same effect as coffee.

Of course I didn't believe it.

So I tried it and I am a believer now.

I use organic apples (green) and reduced my coffee intake immediately

It might be worth it to find out for yourself

I've also heard that apples are a good way for waking up in the morning... And fiber is for sure something my body craves in the morning.

Vivarin!

Just kidding. Those are powerful, though, if you need caffiene -- I can usually drink a pot of coffee without problems, but I took one of those with a little bit of coffee one morning after I'd been up all night and had to be in class all day, and I was shaking like crazy.

Any suggestions?

Just replace the coffee with water. When I have something in my house that i know i shouldnt eat, i give it to friends. I bought a bunch of hot pockets a few weeks ago but gave them to my friend andee after knowing i didnt need to eat them.

If it isnt there, you cant drink it.

If going out for coffee is your problem, add a little something to the coffee that wont make you like it as much, let it chill, add too much sugar, dont fix it the way you love it and you wont drink as much.

I'm on my third cup of coffee now.

I will stop... I will stop...

Coffee Replacement

I read that eating a simple apple gives the same effect as coffee.

Of course I didn't believe it.

So I tried it and I am a believer now.

I use organic apples (green) and reduced my coffee intake immediately

It might be worth it to find out for yourself

Any suggestions?

Hi

I told myself I'd post the next time someone brought up coffee and acne so.......

I would advise not quitting coffee because of acne. I would go so far as to say not quitting anything diet related for acne but coffee especially. My reasoning for this is that I see coffee as a social benefactor in coping with messed up skin. I actually started drinking coffee regularly to ward off the social anxieties brought on by my messed up skin, it helped me get out the door and interact with people. But if you need to prove it to yourself and you can its not THAT huge of a sacrifice to your daily life.... by all means.

my 2 cents

try green tea; caffeine + good for you. Although some studies show that coffee is good for you. And so is crack cocaine. I'm joking, crack isn't that good for you. But coffee is not so bad.

Awww, don't give up coffee, coffee rocks! I mix part decaf into my blend, and limit the cups I drink. Coffee is partially good for you, it has anti-oxidants, and a little caffeine is good for mental clarity. Call me crazy, but hey, everything in moderation, right?

I think there's a study somewhere that claims that coffee makes acne worse. I haven't managed to track it down though. If so, it's one of the few foods that has actually been shown to do that.

Hi.

this is my first intervention here.

As for coffee, in my search for the perfect skin (the holy grail)... I think coffee is one of the worst thing you can take for you skin.

I completly stop coffee 5 months ago, yes it take will power, lots of it... but for the search of the clear skin i think I was enough motivated to try this, like all of you should, LOL.

All I can say is that my skin is now completly free of pimples... maybe one or two a month.

I tried many things and I think I have a regimen that suits me nicely now.

If you guys are interested I could list what I do.

I must say one thing, be carefull what you put in your mouth. I tried it and each time I eat poor food I have pimples. One other thing, sleep your 7 to 9 hrs a day.

There is more here.

Manny

Yeah its like how hardcore do you want to get ?? If your going to detox yourself you might as well do a week long juice fast, without ANYTHING except juice. Thats the real way to prove to yourself if something your ingesting is causing your acne. I've done this and watched it do nothing, but thats just me.

I'm a coffee drinker and light smoker and have stopped drinking and smoking many times (with durations from a couple days to weeks) with no results.

all i'm saying is weigh your options, don't make yourself miserable if thats what quitting coffee will do , cause remember:

WE RE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER ----