Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BeautifulSkinAgain

Salter Water and the Sun

I have to say this. Dermatologists would disagree, and t here is a risk of skin cancer. But in all my years of bad acne on my back and chest, the o nly thing that cleared it up was the salt water in the ocean and the sun! It worked like a miracle, and that's not lie! It cleared up the cystic acne on my chest, back and face. Fortunately, my face was nowhere as severe as my back and chest. Take this for what it's worth. I'm telling you, the improvement was like 85 to 90%!

Do NOT GO IN THE SUN if you're USING ANY MEDICATION, PLEASE! i SHOULD HAVE SAID THAT AT THE BEGINNING OF THE POST.

True, it's either the salt have killed the bacteria in your skin by basking yourself in the sea. If salt water is used to gargle bacteria in the mouth why not on a pimple which is filled with bacteria. The only reciprocal effect I guess is it could kill the acne vulgaris or the bacteria or... spurt a growth of more bacteria in the pimpled area since bacterium can adapt to it's stimuli or environment. Since sweat and oil is present in the worsening of acne, sweat pretty much consists of salt.

So if your pimples are caused by acne vulgaris alone or bacteria which produces acne then a theory I guess is that high concentration of Sodium Chloride or Salt can penetrate through the pores thus erradicating the bacteria within. But if your pimples are cause by sweat and excessive amounts of oil present in the skin and contact with bacteria, then basking in the sea is not a good idea. Because more oil is produced under hot conditions ( unless you are swimming in winter ) and more oil plus salt and bacteria within can cause more serious problems with the skin. Since most acne patients have the second category for their acne then your idea of acne solution is way too risky for people with acne. Since I think you have the first condition then you are a pretty lucky gal...

This is what I call, you really need to try everything when it comes to solving one's pimple problems... Since no one really has ever found the Magic Topical Ointment or Solution that could heal acne completely no matter how long it takes.