Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
arrrny

Which topical cream should i use?

i am currently on differin cream and i am on my 3rd week right now and its to early to tell if it is working. So i need some recomendations here. If people have used differin before and gave it 8-12 weeeks and it did nothing andt hen switched to a different topical, please tell me. i was thinking of switching to retin A, retin A micro?, tazorac, duac. Please reply and recommend a good cream. thx

Guest pppapillon

I used differin for about 3 months and it did clear my mild acne. I didn't like how differin made me peel and stung my eyes. You need to use differin for more than 12 weeks to see results.

Then, I went on retin-a 0.025% and that also cleared my acne. I liked how it got rid of the blackheads on my nose and got rid of a very thin line around my eye (I guess it was a wrinkle.... LOL).

I prefer not to use creams. I like lotions. I like the cetaphil and olay moisturizers (see my sig).

Did you have alot of breakouts at first .. like your first 5-6 weeks of breakouts ? cuz im on my 4th week in two days and im still breaking out and shit. also when i first started using differin i ddint have acne ony the sides of my mouth or no bumps but now i have a couple of pimples there plus a shit laod of tiny little bumps. WTF are they and will they go away do u think?

I used differin for about 3 months and it did clear my mild acne. I didn't like how differin made me peel and stung my eyes. You need to use differin for more than 12 weeks to see results.

Then, I went on retin-a 0.025% and that also cleared my acne. I liked how it got rid of the blackheads on my nose and got rid of a very thin line around my eye (I guess it was a wrinkle.... LOL).

I prefer not to use creams. I like lotions. I like the cetaphil and olay moisturizers (see my sig).

Did you have any redness, stinging, etc with the retin-a .025%? I just started it and don't feel or see any difference at all? My 8% AHA stings and turns pink and the retin-a does nothing. Is that normal?

CAJUN LOU