Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kelly87

Benzaclin vs. Duac

I'm 18 and had completely clear skin up until I went away to college recently.

For those who have been on Benzaclin or Duac, what were your experiences like?

i am currently using duac. and let me say...it saved my forhead from certain death from pimples. i used to get cysts, zits, whiteheads, u name it and it was on my forehead. Duac cleared up the breakout i had and it hasn't come back since. i haven't been this clear for this long (going on about one month) in the 3 years i was using proactiv. i've gotten maybe one or two new pimples since then, and they went away so quick....*knock on wood*

That's so great to hear. What other products have you been using in addition to the Duac (cleanser, moisturizers, etc.)? Thanks.

morning - cq10 toner, it's just to get of the dried and flaky duac, then i apply jojaba oil to moisturize, but i'm switching to emu because it works better

at night - cleanse w/ brevoxyl, and moisturize w/ emu oil, let it really sink in to the skin and then i apply duac...

i also had luck w/ aveda toners and moisurizers, but they can get expensive and the emu oil works SO great!!

Thank for your replies, everyone!

Are you typically supposed to moisturize before applying the Duac/Benzaclin? I always though you cleanse > apply medication > moisturize.