Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest flutistgurl26

Oh, the trials of make-up...

Guest flutistgurl26

Hey Everyone! I'm new to the board... I'm almost 17 years old, and I've had acne for as long as I can remember. Right now I'm on my 2nd course of Accutane. I believe I needed a 2nd course because I was on a VERY low dosage the first time around. I never got past 20mg! My problem now is that I really like to wear make up... I wish I didn't (Life would be easier) but I'm more confident with it because I think it makes me look better... I'm not sure if that's all in my head. But the problem is, I have EXTREMELY sensitive skin. I break out from just about everything.... moisturizer, sunscreen, a billion different foundations, blushes, concealers... you name it, I break out from it. And I always buy products that say "Hypoallergenic", "Oil free" , and "Noncomedogenic", but to no avail.... As a matter of fact, purchased a foundation a couple weeks ago that gave me several new spots.. But anyway, here is me...

IPB Image

Have you ever tried a mineral makeup. They usually contain very few ingredients (usually only 3-5 ingredients).

They are basically made up of the same pigments used in liquid foundation without the other ingredients (like water, silicones, emulsifiers, oils, fillers, and preservatives). They are really the "least worst of" form of makeup, and due to the high pigment content they have high coverage, and usually high SPF too. The ones that contain bismuth oxychloride (BiOCl) wear like iron, because BioCl has a high skin affinity (although there are a very smally number of people who are senistive to it). There are many brands that are mica free and BiOCl free, although I don't really like the way they look and feel (too matte and draggy)...

Guest flutistgurl26

hmm no I never have tried a mineral make up. What is a good one?

Guest PokaHotAz

ur face looks great... where are the spots... ... u look great , dont worry about the lil acne u may have

anyway, mineral makeup is great try that...

hmm no I never have tried a mineral make up. What is a good one?

There are tons...you could try googling "mineral makeup." I use Bare Minerals by Bare Esecentuals, which is probably the easiest to get a hold of (they sell it at Sephora, Nordstrom, and Ulta). It's kinda pricey (like 45$ for the starter kit), but it lasts forever.....

There are some that are cheaper, and even some that don't contain mica, or BiOCl, but those you usually have to order online..........

Mineral Makeups are just hitting the mass market (think drugstores), but they most likely won't be true "mineral makeups," because the FDA watches large mass market very closely and would most likely have problems with a preservative free makeup (even if it is a dry powder)....

Guest funky_monkey

depends where you live though labgirl. You cant buy mineral makeup in the shops in Great Britain

depends where you live though labgirl. You cant buy mineral makeup in the shops in Great Britain

I always forget that things are different in other countries....I had no idea...