Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
yoyoman21

sleeping pills on accutane?

Anyone know if sleeping pills with dyphenhydramine have any adverse reactions with accutane?

I asked my derm about this. She told me to avoid alcohol at all costs, something about accutane and alcohol combined will make the drug stay in your system for years (i'm not sure if she's right about that). But I specifically asked her if sleeping pills would be OK, she said it wouldnt be a problem taking them. Let's all go take a drug induced nap now!!

my derm said it's fine to drink alcohol [just don't binge] but it'll just make side effects worse.

ahh so much contradicting info about this damn drug!!

my derm said it's fine to drink alcohol [just don't binge] but it'll just make side effects worse.

ahh so much contradicting info about this damn drug!!

I question my derms knowledge of the drug. She's fairly young, and gave me accutane within the first two minutes of sitting in her office (for mild/mod. acne). She told me it was ok to wax while on accutane, which I now know, thanx to this board...is a big no no. Hey, I'm just happy I got my hands on the drug, I was prepared to give a big speech and put up a fight! Anyhow...your derm is right.....drinking, especially binge drinking...will make the side effects 10 X worse. I'm going thru it right now. My lips are so dry and raw...and for the first time since I started tane, my face is bright red and painful. Not to mention the hangover lasted for about a day and a half. Learned my lesson....