Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
shortnspicy

How to take off makeup

Hey guys, i'm new to the forums. I just had a question about how you would go about taking off makeup. I use a non-comodgenic makeup but my Cetaphil cleanser doesnt take it off at all.

Do you think its alright to use a makeup remover ( its all natural no SA or anything like that in it)?

Thanks

I'm not sure about the make up remover but I a different cleaner, Purpose removes make up I believe, although it dries your skin more.

Clean and Clear Makeup Removing cleanser works like a charm for me. It doesn't dry out your skin because it has glycerin in it and it doesn't any detergent stuff you would normally find in stuff like that (sodium lauryl sulfate/sodium laureth sulfate). It removes EVERYTHING! I love it, I swear by it.

Hey guys, i'm new to the forums. I just had a question about how you would go about taking off makeup. I use a non-comodgenic makeup but my Cetaphil cleanser doesnt take it off at all.

Do you think its alright to use a makeup remover ( its all natural no SA or anything like that in it)?

Thanks

did you try using cetaphil with the dry directions? it takes all the makeup of my face. i just wipe it off with a wash cloth.

Guest yahyah

Dove soap, particularly the 'orange' packaged one for dry skin is a fantastic cleanser and removes make-up brilliantly, plus its inexpensive and gentle.

One thing that works really well for removing makeup, and is inexpensive, is baby wipes. You can just get generic ones at the grocery store but make sure they are FRAGRANCE AND ALCOHOL FREE. That way there is nothing to irritate your skin. Many of the cosmetic brand makeup remover wipes contain items that irritate so you're doing more harm than anything else, plus they are super expensive.

Another option is to try a cleanser that is very mild and non-irritating but yet strong enough to remove makeup well. I use Paula's Choice Balancing Cleanser and it works great! I used to use Cetaphil but switched for this very reason. Check out the website www.cosmeticscop.com. There is so much great information about skin care and she backs it up with actual medical evidence. She also has product reviews on there so you can check on some of the products you're using to make sure they are not overly irritating.

Hope this helps!

Guest PokaHotAz

i remove mine by first washing w/ basis the way dan states ...real quick basically and then i apply the cetaphil gentle cleanser gently rub it in and then wipe with a wash cloth... ta-da! my face is clean :)

I use dove white bar first... to remove all my makeup, then I wash with cetaphil, if it's nighttime I exfoliate using cetaphil and a complexion brush.

Both are really good, and I do not find the combo to dry my skin at all. I use the cetaphil moisturizer as well.

I use the Cetaphil for normal to oily skin. It removes all my makeup, has glycerin, and is non-drying. My skin feels very clean afterward.