Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
reignmurda

2 six packs of Dr Pepper and a box of Mini Heroes.

Hiya. Im new here and this is my first post so be gentle with me, lol.

I'm a male with moderate acne, and what i don't get is that it has been fine recently. Then i eat a whole box of chocolates and drink 2 six-packs of Dr Pepper (not all at once, lol) and then my spots flare up and are redder than ever!!

What i dont get is:-

i thought diet had almost nothing to do with acne.

i thought that the best cure for acne was to be happy. So if i ate all that chocolate it should have made me happy (with all the endorphins or watever released when ya eat chocolate). SO...chocolate=happy=NO SPOTS. well thats wat i thought SHOULD happen.

Im sorry its such a long post but its driving me up da wall, lol.

I think its just, as long as its in moderation, nothing is bad for you. 12 cans of DR Pepper is alot of sugar! :cry:

For years and years I believed that diet had nothing to do with acne, until one day I decided to clean up my diet because I was feeling tired all the time and I looked wiped out - pale, baggy eyes etc, and I also wanted to start weight training which requires that you eat healthily if you want to get maximum benifit from your efforts.

Since then my acne hasn't been half as bad as it used to be, at one point it was damn near disfiguring.

PremiershipFootballer- Are you actually a premiership footballer?

:doh:

I don't get why people say there is no connection at ALL.

My acne is sooooo much better when I'm eating really healthily...

and even if they weren't related, it's still good to be eating healthy.

Eating like that is not good for your body at all

I remember one holloween night I ate those white sticks that come in those super heroes boxes,I ate alot of them and the next day I had big crysts of my face :cry:

I don't think a healthy diet is the cure for acne, but I'm sure it helps, the state of your body in general pretty much revolves around diet, so I'm sure it's a contributing factor...

I don't think a healthy diet is the cure for acne, but I'm sure it helps, the state of your body in general pretty much revolves around diet, so I'm sure it's a contributing factor...

Yeah, I agree

I consume MASSIVE amounts of soda. And I'm pretty sure if I were to cut that out, or even cut back, my skin would improve.

But I'm weak. I just can't give it up yet.

PremiershipFootballer- Are you actually a premiership footballer?

lol, I wish

:lol: I was gonna ask that as well, haha you should've just pretended for a laugh

chocolate and soda...damn man didnt anyone tell you. keep it up and you'll wish you never ate that junk. trust me toss that shit away, people will say diet doesnt effect acne but their wrong. i've had first hand experience and it sucks.

Guest Akira

i try to not beleive diet has no effect on acne, the bitch of it is, is that our body takes around a week to catch up, just because you ate a lot of sugar the night before shouldn't mean you get acne in the morning, it would be the junk food you ate the week before. Least i think it is.

Im trying to eat more fibre (by that i mean i eat bran flakes for breakfast) the more waste i reckon i expell out of other orifices, the less it needs to come out my skin. However, this is just a theory, and i base it on no evidence whatsoever