Thoughts why the re...

Notifications
Clear all

Thoughts why the regimen might not work for some

MemberMember
(@real-maverick)

Posted : 02/22/2006 2:44 pm

The reason we have acne, is different in one person to the next, however the symptom of our 'problem' that bothers us, is of course 'spots'.

We know they're caused by the p.acne bacteria thriving in our clogged pores, greasy skin, etc (not a particularly technical description but you get the idea). Everybody has p.acne bacteria in their skin, but our skin allows it to grow out of control.

Now the BP works because it kills the p.acne bacteria and creates a bad breading ground, and for some, this is enough to totally clear their skin, however the clear skin regimen states that a mild face wash must be used.

BP doesn't help blocked pores, nor does it really help oil control and certainly doesn't remove dry dead skin.

So for those with particularly oily skin and clogged pores, or/and dead skin cells, perhaps it doesn't work because the BP isn't addressing these issues, so perhaps for some, a stronger face wash and a mild scrub would be a good addition to the BP.

Also girls who wear makeup, and guys for that matter, would need something stronger than the mild face washes suggested, to remove the makeup buildup.

If the regimen is working well for you, don't try this, as it's obviously ideal for you, but those who have perhaps had less success, it could be something to think about.

Remember the regimen is their to be followed, so if you're new to it, try Dans method first, it's worked for hundreds/thousands? of people, so stick with it for a while, if its not working, perhaps try altering it slightly to better match your skin type.

I've just added a stronger face wash 'Purity made simple' by Philosophy, this will help with clogged pores on my chin (the only place I was still breaking out and only place I had any clogged pores). I'll keep you updated.

Good luck

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 02/22/2006 2:49 pm

what r the ingredients in purity made simple?

MemberMember
(@real-maverick)

Posted : 02/22/2006 3:02 pm

From the site.....

purity made simple was created because it was our feeling that most cleansers were not getting the skin clean enough. furthermore, we do not believe you need a makeup remover and a toner to complete the cleansing process. most cleansers are formulated to foam, push around, and hopefully rinse away dirt and makeup. purity made simple was formulated to actually emulsify and dissolve dirt, imbedded debris, and makeup rather than creating a lot of foam without a lot of clean.

Ingredients

Water, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Meadowfoam Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Polysorbate 20, PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Rosewood Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Guaiacwood Oil, Rose Oil, Palmarosa Oil, Amyris Oil, Claryn Oil, Matricaria Oil, Carrot Oil, Black Pepper Oil, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Hexylene Glycol, Coconut Alcohol, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, FD&C Yellow No.5.

www.philosophy.com

I used this facewash last year, it's by far the best I've used, but expensive at AA30 for a 16oz bottle

MemberMember
(@cool-as-kim-deal)

Posted : 02/22/2006 4:58 pm

The reason we have acne, is different in one person to the next, however the symptom of our 'problem' that bothers us, is of course 'spots'.

We know they're caused by the p.acne bacteria thriving in our clogged pores, greasy skin, etc (not a particularly technical description but you get the idea). Everybody has p.acne bacteria in their skin, but our skin allows it to grow out of control.

Now the BP works because it kills the p.acne bacteria and creates a bad breading ground, and for some, this is enough to totally clear their skin, however the clear skin regimen states that a mild face wash must be used.

BP doesn't help blocked pores, nor does it really help oil control and certainly doesn't remove dry dead skin.

So for those with particularly oily skin and clogged pores, or/and dead skin cells, perhaps it doesn't work because the BP isn't addressing these issues, so perhaps for some, a stronger face wash and a mild scrub would be a good addition to the BP.

Also girls who wear makeup, and guys for that matter, would need something stronger than the mild face washes suggested, to remove the makeup buildup.

If the regimen is working well for you, don't try this, as it's obviously ideal for you, but those who have perhaps had less success, it could be something to think about.

Remember the regimen is their to be followed, so if you're new to it, try Dans method first, it's worked for hundreds/thousands? of people, so stick with it for a while, if its not working, perhaps try altering it slightly to better match your skin type.

I've just added a stronger face wash 'Purity made simple' by Philosophy, this will help with clogged pores on my chin (the only place I was still breaking out and only place I had any clogged pores). I'll keep you updated.

Good luck

Good post. I agree with you completely. Dan's regimen is core for an effective acne prevention and treatment routine, but it's not always enough (though for a good number of people, it is). Some people have better results when they toss in a GA toner or some SA product after finding that they have too much flaking. Some people need to exfoliate. Some people need to spot treat with a stronger BP on stubborn blemishes. Basically, you can't go wrong with the regimen (gentle cleansing? thick BP application? tons of non-comedogenic moisturizer? None of this can make your skin worse unless you're allergic to BP), but you might be able to go "more right" (so to speak) by modifying the regimen to suit your skin's needs. I'd say after you've cleared up your active acne and need to focus on red marks in particular that revising the regimen might not be a bad idea.

MemberMember
(@andoceans109)

Posted : 02/23/2006 4:15 pm

Good luck

Good post. I agree with you completely. Dan's regimen is core for an effective acne prevention and treatment routine, but it's not always enough (though for a good number of people, it is). Some people have better results when they toss in a GA toner or some SA product after finding that they have too much flaking. Some people need to exfoliate. Some people need to spot treat with a stronger BP on stubborn blemishes. Basically, you can't go wrong with the regimen (gentle cleansing? thick BP application? tons of non-comedogenic moisturizer? None of this can make your skin worse unless you're allergic to BP), but you might be able to go "more right" (so to speak) by modifying the regimen to suit your skin's needs. I'd say after you've cleared up your active acne and need to focus on red marks in particular that revising the regimen might not be a bad idea.

yes totally. i've been struggling with acne for 5 yrs, mostly medium (not severe not mild). nothing has worked for me, i mean nothing, except for the regimen here! been on 2 long courses of accutane, didnt work at all, just got the side effects. been on all the low level pills (clindamycin etc), proactiv, retin-a, all those too. nothing even showed improvement really. bactrim is the only thing that worked, but couldnt take it no more because of the side effects. i never thought the regimen would stand a chance but it works amazing for me! never would have thought it would out beat the pills but it did. there is definately more than one cause of acne, as well as everyone's body being different. just adding on to the original post. more than one cause of acne, and everyone's body handles it differently. if you fine tune methods, it should at least show improvement.

MemberMember
(@raidensatoshi13)

Posted : 03/13/2014 10:23 am

I've been using BP for almost 2weeks but I can't see any results. I haven't experience the what you so called "redness or flakiness", it is not working for me. I didn't experience itchiness or dryness in my face. I could not see it working. can someone help me?

MemberMember
(@lifeblows)

Posted : 03/21/2014 9:15 pm

Yeah, I think your right.

I've been on it for almost 3 months and I'm still breaking out. Only white heads though. Mostly on my cheeks and chin/jawline. It's like the BP draws it out but then it just sit there. If i don't pick it it just stays there!!! Should a add a scrubber or something??