Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've been hearing alot of mixed reviews regarding SA products around here - while its good for unclogging pores, it can be too drying.

I've only used St. Ives Medicated Apricot Scrub for Acne Prone Skin - I always like the results - left the skin feeling smooth, but never left it on my face for longer than a minute - what the instructions said. Most here have said that SA products must be left on the face for a little bit to be effective. Otherwise, Jessfoliating right now, so I've put this product aside for the moment.

For those who've had success with SA products:

-What cleansers are you using that work?

-Does the product work best when you have left it on your face for 1-2 min.+, or when you wash it off like a normal cleanser?

thanks.

I use Phisoderm's 2% salicyclic face wash and Neutrogena's skin-clearing shaving cream. Both have 2% SA.

Someone will certainly come in here and say, "both no good - they have to be left on your face to work." But I leave the wash on my face for a minute and a half, and the cream for about the same, and I think it works fantastically - it dries the hell out of my face, but some mosturizer takes care of that, and I think it shows some real results. So whatever, works for me :)

I have this book about breaking out I got at Borders and it talks about the pH of salicylic acid cleansers and how the lower the pH and it must be 2% - the better it will exfoliate. SO, the author suggested that CLearasil's 3 in 1 acne wash with 2% sa was really good (low pH and 2% sa); so I got some and used it today and it did not seem overdrying at all. Trust me, I dry and flake very easily!

Up until today I had been using Neutrogen Oil Free Acne Wash with 2% SA. It worked well, but seemed a bit on the drying side. Plus, the pH is higher and I wasn't sure how effective it was in exfoliating.

Hope this helped.

i am useing natures cure the papya stuff its actually working all the crap is coming out so my face looks wierd but it is soothing and not drying

Xfingers crossedX

I use the clean and clear black head scrub twice a day, plus a sulfur wash, and retin a at night. I don't think the salicylic acid wash is too drying, and it works good.

hey- i've had tons of great results using neutrogena's clear pore treatment overnight (as in washing your face, then applying a good layer of it ALL OVER YOUR FACE). and don't get discouraged if at first your face appears to be greasy...it'll fade in a couple minutes. as i've said, my face has become soooo much smoother and more radiant while i was on this

but now i'm on accutane cuz of my stupid acne..... bleecccchhhhh