Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
R.S.

Sleeping shirtless?

Well only one night into it, my body acne is already looking better after sleeping without a shirt. It occured to me usually I sleep in the same shirt that I've been wearing all day and that's likely causing some of the clogged pores / pimples on my chest/shoulders/back. So let's give this a week and see how it goes... Anyone else tried this? Results? Thanks.

So how often do you change your sheets? I try to change the shirt I wear every night. Usually a wife beater, do you find lose shirts are better than a beater? Cus I think I'm breakin out for the first time on my lower back because my shirt is so tight. No breakouts on my chest or shoulders though. It's kinda too cold for me to go shirtless.

But I was living in Nevada for the last couple years and it's so damn hot there I would sleep ass naked and no body acne!

And my mom's cats like to sleep with me for some damn reason, that can't be good can it?

I'm gonna start changing them weekly I suppose. Usually change them every couple weeks. But I'd say if you wear shirt to bed then yeah, a loose one is gonna be better seeing as it is generally accepted that tight clothing can aggravate acne (like tight gym gear for the weight lifters).

when i was little i went to bed in the same clothes i was wearing all day. never liked pajamas. now i wear boxers and a t shirt. but now no more shirt.

Well, I'm female, but I always just fall asleep in what I am wearing, as long as I am wearing the 90% of my clothes that are loose/comfortable. I can't stand silky nightclothes marketed to females, or sleeping naked, since the silkiness tickles and sleeping naked bugs me because I am not used to the fabrics and textures of my bed touching my skin.

I never hardly change my bedsheets or pillows either... because I am a lazy bum with a messy room( hard to get around without stepping on shit and breaking it) and ill-fitting sheets that are frustrating to put on my bed because I have an extra layer of foam on top of my bed. (I have one of those foam mattresses, and an extra piece of foam on top that we got to try it out and were supposed to return but which we ended up buying off them, haha. I have the softest bed anyone has ever laid on).

I'm sure my acne would clear if I wasn't a lazy slob. I can get away with being a lazy slob though because people tell me I am one of those people that never smells/looks bad no matter how nasty they are.

I doubt cats would put your skin at risk for acne. They're just a pain in the ass because you can't move around in your sleep or they freak out and you (well I do, atleast) feel bad.

i used to get a fair bit of body acne, but in the past few months its cleared up and theres pretty much nothing except a few blackheads. and the thing is since its been summer ive been sleeping without a shirt and since then its cleared up...

i never really thought that i could have been related to me wearing shirts to bed

I always sleeo in pajama's, a shirt and shorts. I used to wear one pjama shirt for a week, but i have recently started wearing a clean shirt to bed every night, it has made a big difference to my body acne.

shirtless might be the answer...

before going to college id have speratic(sp?) acne on my back nothing that was too worried about. Now that ive gone to college im rarely shirtless and noticed that its gotten a lot worse, along with my back feeling a lot more dry. Not sure if its the wonderful water we have there, or what not. But on this spring break i have been sitting around my house shirtless and it seems like its getting better. so maybe i need to buck up and be shirtless more often???

hi there...

let's always wear clean shirts..i've heard this news in a local tv program..a health program..that one cause of back acne is the shirt we are wearing. wearing a shirt that are worn all day is not good, and even sleep, still wearing that shirt exposes with so many dirt. likewise whenever you are going to sleep without shirt, make sure that your sheets are clean and you change it every week..

our skin gets irritated with the sweat on our shirt..so avoid wearing tonight the pajamas you wore last night..or even sleep on your bed without shirt and not even changing your sheets..

:naughty:

I havent washed my bed sheets for 3 months. LOL but i dont sleep with bed sheets. I change my pillow case every day because oil and crude from the face go onto that pillow case and why would you want to put a nice clean face in oil and crude. Its just me though.

hey guys, im 16 years old and i havent slept with a shirt on in probably 2 years - but my bacne is still awful as ever. however, i definitely dont change my sheets all that often, maybe say once a month. i think most likely if you sleep with your shirt off, the oils from your skin go directly on to your bedsheets rather than on to the shirt that you wear every night, so if you DO sleep with no shirt on, you definitely want to change your sheets very often - at least once a week. this is just my theory, but i'm going to try to start changing my sheets every saturday and see what it leads to.

hey guys, im 16 years old and i havent slept with a shirt on in probably 2 years - but my bacne is still awful as ever. however, i definitely dont change my sheets all that often, maybe say once a month. i think most likely if you sleep with your shirt off, the oils from your skin go directly on to your bedsheets rather than on to the shirt that you wear every night, so if you DO sleep with no shirt on, you definitely want to change your sheets very often - at least once a week. this is just my theory, but i'm going to try to start changing my sheets every saturday and see what it leads to.

The main argument that is made is that TIGHT shirts trap sweat in your poars and cause acne to form. I think wearing a loose shirt to bed might be the best solution. If you go shirtless your dead skin and sweat are on your bed sheets, I for one don't change my sheets as often as I would like...sometimes the only reminder is, is when I lay down at night and can smell my stinky sheets. XL shirt ftw.

But I was living in Nevada for the last couple years and it's so damn hot there I would sleep ass naked and no body acne!

And my mom's cats like to sleep with me for some damn reason, that can't be good can it?

Dude, your cat is coming on to you ! You better put on a shirt and pants and be mindful about what's happening during the night. You don't want your mom walking into your room looking all surprised when she sees two NAKED CREATURES sleeping in bed together !!

OK, I am just joking..... Heeee heeeee !!! :lol:

My cat sleeps underneath my covers. Everynight when I lay down she comes over and burrows her way under like a little mole and falls sound asleep. I guess it gives her security. ^_^