Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CLouds

Everyone just needs to realize this...

I'm not trying to cause a huge argument but everyone is going crazy with what causes their acne. People are blaming it on cell phones, keyboards, computer screens, pillow cases, food, sun, no sun, too much washing, too little washing, not using acne products, using acne products, popping zits, exercising, sweating, etc. etc. I mean cmon ppl. And then everyone trys to cure it with crazy cures soap, hot water, cold water, BP, SA, Sulfur, food, no dairy, vegetables, lemons, fish, 100 vitamins,URINE, etc. But everyone forgets what is the true cause of acne is hormones and genetic predisposition. I mean its as simple as this: Hormones regulate the amount of sebum ur skin produces, the more sebum ur skin produces the sebaceous glands enlarge which traps sebum in the skin results in acne. Thats why Accutane works so well because it sends the oil to the bloodstream instead of the skin. I mean u can eat all the crap u want while on accutane and stay on computers all day.

OK basically my point is this: if ur 15yrs-20yrs old and only have mild to somewhat moderate acne then dont worry about it, because chances are its all the hormones (testosterone) that are surging in ur body cause ur skin to produce oil. I think that if ur getting severe acne then u should find something to help out, cuz that can cause permanent scars. I mean puberty is natural its supposed to happen.

I'd also like to bring up this point, statistically the amount of teenages that get acne has been about the same for the past 20 years. But the amount of adults getting acne has been increasing, I believe that this is from excess use of acne products during their teen years that theyre only prolonging their acne and making it worse. I mean humans werent meant to use all these acne products on their face, the body has a way of keeping itself healthy. just my advice

Fair point. That's interesting...but I had what I'd consider "moderate" acne and I've had problems with scarring, so I'd rather use benzoyl peroxide and keep the breakout rate to a minimum so I have fewer redmarks (which will hopefully heal over time) and scars.

I'd also like to bring up this point, statistically the amount of teenages that get acne has been about the same for the past 20 years. But the amount of adults getting acne has been increasing, I believe that this is from excess use of acne products during their teen years that theyre only prolonging their acne and making it worse. I mean humans werent meant to use all these acne products on their face, the body has a way of keeping itself healthy. just my advice

Not just wide use of acne products, but also wide use of artificial ingredients in our diet, worse environment and such.

I kinda agree with you, mostly on all this. I think that washing your face like you should do with a mild product no more than twice a day, along with spot treating the active zits that pop up is a' ok.

Over use of products?..what would you say for example is over using products??

I know that my probelm skin WAS due to puberty, hormones.

And it still is since i have a hormonal imbalance(thus why I take womans formula, evening primrose, mulit vitamins..I DON'T want to go on the "pill", thats why I take vitamins..not for my skin, but for my body in general).

i completely agree with what was said in the first post, but its easy to understand why so many acne myths are around. people need something to hope for, something to keep them going. if you're going to blame acne on something, why not something that can be controlled? this way theres always a chance for your acne to get better. people with acne move from one reason (excuse) to another for why their skin is the way it is. when things that are suppposed to work don't, people don't know what to do, and don't know where to look.

i realize this argument is completely flawed.

i'm a victim of this in a small way. i thought chocolate caused acne. so i stopped eating it. i don't know if it does or not, but i still don't eat it because it's not good for me. i thank acne for that. ouch that was hard to say..

I'm not quite sure what you are getting at, I should just not worry about my moderate acne. I have had moderate acne all over my face, back, and chest for 12 yaers. No I will not just forget about it. I'm not willing to setttle for almost 50% of my body being covered in large painful lesions. Wjat exactly are you saying, that we should all just leave you skin alone and accept acne?

I'm not quite sure what you are getting at, I should just not worry about my moderate acne. I have had moderate acne all over my face, back, and chest for 12 yaers. No I will not just forget about it. I'm not willing to setttle for almost 50% of my body being covered in large painful lesions. Wjat exactly are you saying, that we should all just leave you skin alone and accept acne?

your body does not metabolize fat lipids properly because the amount of Pantothenic acid required for all the other jobs partic involved in reproduction is depleted

ie

your pool of B5 is low

ergo

up your intake of B5 and skin will clear

say 5 grammes chew tabs throughout day can take 10grammes if you wish

help this process by eliminating as much dairy product/fat from your diet

nb: not multi vits but B5 alone don`t take other vits. you`ll get them from other sources.

I have to say I agree with this, for the most part. What makes an argument to this, is those who have tried certain diets and so on and found success. My bf harps on me about drinking more water, not touching my face...not eating too much salt/iodines.... I know he means well but the bottom line is I'm 38...I've tried doing everything and nothing...and the results are the same.

I'm convinced acne is an internal issue and it's pretty much up to each individual to discover what works and what doesn't. It's a pain in the arse.... and I've long since given up on the idea that I'd grow out of it. There are times when my skin is relatively clear so when it's crappy, I try to think positive and have faith that it will pass.