Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GregasGP

Accutane - and it was all going so well...........

Hello people,

Been on Tane at 40mg a day for 9 weeks today now and have had very pleasing results. In fact, i've been seo very happy that when I get a spot now it hurts and pisses me off more than it did before!!

I've been 95% clear with the exemption of 2 tiny tiny whiteheads but Saturday night i've had a huge inflammed 1CM papule come up and i've knocked a layer of skin off the top - stupid I know, that'll teach me to try and gently squeeze any puss out. It'll be there for a good 4-5 days now. Damn it.

Oh well, all is OK I suppose.......... :whistle:

Hello people,

Been on Tane at 40mg a day for 9 weeks today now and have had very pleasing results. In fact, i've been seo very happy that when I get a spot now it hurts and pisses me off more than it did before!!

I've been 95% clear with the exemption of 2 tiny tiny whiteheads but Saturday night i've had a huge inflammed 1CM papule come up and i've knocked a layer of skin off the top - stupid I know, that'll teach me to try and gently squeeze any puss out. It'll be there for a good 4-5 days now. Damn it.

did u have an inital breakout on 40mg a day?

Hello people,

did u have an inital breakout on 40mg a day?

Im 9 weeks in and NO INITIAL BREAKOUT - So hopefully that means i'm in the 'Clear'. Although, UI did combine the BP Regimen with Tane for the first 4 weeks and that worked very well indeed and i'm guessing helped prevent a breakout. Niow, 5 further weeks down the line and i've come off the BP only a week ago and am hoping i'm not going to breakout as a result!

Touch wood!

Hello people,

Well I'm 3 weeks into treatment and nothing yet guess it's too early... :think: But I too had no initial outbreak yet! I grew a beard just in case lol. Doubt it'll come. No dryness, little chapped lips and nose. And also on 40mg per day and moderate acne, my derm also gave me duac with tane but my insurance wouldn't cover it.

When did you start to see improvements? Maybe we are on the same boat? And did you also have lots of little blackheads that are visible if you extent your skin, I have so many of those :S

The initial breakout isn't from accutane.. its from stopping the other stuff your doing.